Do cold hearted aspies admire political "monsters"

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,994

18 Aug 2010, 3:04 am

Mutate wrote:
Hanotaux wrote:
I think that Hitler had AS, at least until his WWI experience traumatized him/gave him confidence and he morphed into something else.

His whole life until 1914 reads almost like an AS autobiography.


I agree especialy his monologing about the jews.


read 'Young Stalin' by Simon Montefiore as that is also like an AS biography, he even flapped his hands in school!



Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2010
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,732
Location: Bradenton, Florida

18 Aug 2010, 3:14 am

You might want to keep that hush hush though. People look down on us enough without blaming us for killing Jews. :lol:

I've suspected this since like a year after I got my diagnosis and my mom agreed with me.


_________________
"Some ideals are worth dying for"
==tOGoWPO==


lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Age: 41
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,994

18 Aug 2010, 3:20 am

Pistonhead wrote:
You might want to keep that hush hush though. People look down on us enough without blaming us for killing Jews. :lol:

I've suspected this since like a year after I got my diagnosis and my mom agreed with me.

I dont think there is any problem of that, people are far to entrenched in thinking of these people as 'psychopaths' and 'monsters' are cant believe normal people are capable of such things. The evidence suggests normal people are, in Milgrams control expts he found 60% would electricute someone to death for geting a word pair wrong, and when repeated with real live puppies 98% of australian women killed the puppy, just because a man in a white coat told them to. Dont worry its illigal to do those expts nowadays.

I think genocide will continue as long as people disassociate themselves from 'monsters' and do not look to those elements within themselves and their society and have a state of awareness to prevent attocities happening.



Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 497

18 Aug 2010, 3:28 am

I feel sympathy with bullied school shooters like the Columbine killers and Palestinian terrorists. I don't approve of what they did but I think you can still feel sympathy and understanding of someone's rage without approving of the bad way they chose to avenge that rage. In face i think thats the only way to solve problems. I think the only people who cannot understand are people who are very popular and happy and thus love people and can't imagine feeling hate and outcast.



Mutate
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 10 May 2005
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 497

18 Aug 2010, 5:52 am

lotusblossom wrote:
Pistonhead wrote:
You might want to keep that hush hush though. People look down on us enough without blaming us for killing Jews. :lol:

I've suspected this since like a year after I got my diagnosis and my mom agreed with me.

I dont think there is any problem of that, people are far to entrenched in thinking of these people as 'psychopaths' and 'monsters' are cant believe normal people are capable of such things. The evidence suggests normal people are, in Milgrams control expts he found 60% would electricute someone to death for geting a word pair wrong, and when repeated with real live puppies 98% of australian women killed the puppy, just because a man in a white coat told them to. Dont worry its illigal to do those expts nowadays.

I think genocide will continue as long as people disassociate themselves from 'monsters' and do not look to those elements within themselves and their society and have a state of awareness to prevent attocities happening.


I agree, anyone can be pushed to terrible things if hurt enough.



nogard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 7

24 Aug 2012, 1:15 pm

fair statement to say to society : "you WANT aspies to be invested in society and in good societal outcomes" . When society bullies aspies endlessly and turns some aspies against society .....it does so at its own risk. We aspies have empathy , but it is a logic based empathy, not a gut wrenching limbic based NT-like empathy. For us it is easier to set aside our empathy infavor of more logical solutions. Thats incredibly good in vast majority of cases,, esp in emergencies,catastropies. IF we are invested in good outcomes. Society would be wise to guide us down beneficent pathways to make best use of our many many gifts AS ASPIES.

one other piece of advice to society ; Dont try to make us Aspies into NTs . we are not NTs , and if you embed NT traits (most of which are very distasteful) into an aspie brain/person, ....high liklihood the results will be disasterous to the society............cuz now you just made a hitler.......if indeed hitler was an aspie....



ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Age: 84
Gender: Male
Posts: 31,502
Location: New Jersey

24 Aug 2012, 2:33 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
I think that Hitler had AS, at least until his WWI experience traumatized him/gave him confidence and he morphed into something else.

His whole life until 1914 reads almost like an AS autobiography.


Hitler could "read" an audience like a book. He was not on the spectrum.

ruveyn



AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Feb 2006
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,754
Location: Sean Penn, Cambodia

24 Aug 2012, 3:17 pm

nogard wrote:
fair statement to say to society : "you WANT aspies to be invested in society and in good societal outcomes" . When society bullies aspies endlessly and turns some aspies against society .....it does so at its own risk. We aspies have empathy , but it is a logic based empathy, not a gut wrenching limbic based NT-like empathy. For us it is easier to set aside our empathy infavor of more logical solutions. Thats incredibly good in vast majority of cases,, esp in emergencies,catastropies. IF we are invested in good outcomes. Society would be wise to guide us down beneficent pathways to make best use of our many many gifts AS ASPIES.
Right, our limbic systems are totally incapable of going hyperactive when we get emotional because we're apparently too good for human fallibility :roll:. Hey Mr. I'm So Rational, I've got a logical solution for your unfounded belief: Back it up with a source. I haven't seen any evidence that we have greater emotional control than NT's. And let's not forget that an NT can have lower than average IQ while you must have at least average IQ to even be considered an Aspie. Not that IQ is the end all be all when it comes to intelligence but it is easy to think we're smarter than NT's overall because of it.

nogard wrote:
one other piece of advice to society ; Dont try to make us Aspies into NTs . we are not NTs , and if you embed NT traits (most of which are very distasteful) into an aspie brain/person, ....high liklihood the results will be disasterous to the society............cuz now you just made a hitler.......if indeed hitler was an aspie....
I have a piece of advice for us: Don't try to make us out to be super rational cyborgs who epitomize all progress in society. This arrogance will get us nowhere. I've seen enough emotional appeals, logical fallacies, and conflation on these forums to be convinced that we aren't God's gift when it comes to rational thinking. We are just as insistent on clinging to our own biases as NT's. Welcome to human nature.



naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,558
Location: temperate zone

24 Aug 2012, 3:54 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
I think there's even more of a chance for AS people to become those leaders, like hitler............(at least before Mass-media._


Being Hitler before the time of Hitler?
That doesnt make any sense.

Hitler was well into the era of "mass media", and indeed skillfully exploited the mass media to become "a Hitler".

So you kinda lost me here.



Tiranasta
Toucan
Toucan

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jun 2008
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 278

25 Aug 2012, 3:57 pm

I respect people who are good at achieving their desired ends, whatever their means and whatever those ends might be.

lotusblossom wrote:
Dont worry its illigal to do those expts nowadays.

It really shouldn't be. -.-



25 Aug 2012, 4:55 pm

Hanotaux wrote:
I think there's even more of a chance for AS people to become those leaders, like hitler............(at least before Mass-media._


Hitler was NOT an aspie! In many ways, he was the complete opposite. He had capability of being highly charismatic and inspiring, not unlike Charles Manson and Jim Jones.


Mutate wrote:

I agree especially his monologing about the jews.



What Hitler did was whip up antisemitism in order to use it as a political tool to unite the rich and poor against the middle class. He knew it was there so he wrote monologues that were convincing. Sometimes crazy people with insane ideas have the charisma to convince the masses to go alone with them. If anything, Hitler was probably manic-depressive. When he was a in good mood, he was highly gregarious and rather charming. When he was a bad mood, he was angry and violent.



nogard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 7

24 Sep 2012, 10:38 am

stirring up the kettle , and the emotions :lol:

hitler was just a damn psychopath ---nothing more.

what is IQ anyway ? what is arrogance? if i say my iq is 155 , my brothers 167 and my uncle 186 ...............what does that mean ? what if my iq in my interest of cell signalling is 175? and my iq in english is 70 ? who does the judging ?
my opinion that most aspie iq are higher than people say. :cry:
investment in society? that aint wrong.?? I knew an old guy )who had AS and used to be a thug for organized crime.in his youth ... he told me once that his lack of empathy and poor social outlook made it very easy for him to beat the crap out of people with a baseball bat and then go home and sleep like a baby. after he found GOD , he turned in to a saint but said he never did find empathy. not a psychopath , just a very nice old man who also had aspergers. :wink:



thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 May 2012
Age: 39
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,147
Location: County Down, Northern Ireland

24 Sep 2012, 10:50 am

Mutate wrote:
Do you think there is more chance for aspies, in their robotic, logical, unemotional way, to admire leaders who do evil as a means to their end. For instance I liked reading about Saddam Hussien and I know a few aspies who like Stalin. I also liked crime lords like Pablo Escobar who was very evil and had hundreds of cops killed but was still loved by many in South Americas who thought he improved things.


I was genuinely saddened by the defeat and demise of Gaddafi.

He wasnt a perfect leader by any means but his stand represented a defiance against NATO, the bankers, the oil merchants and their one world order.



nogard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 7

24 Sep 2012, 10:58 am

but hey , then again , i have heard it said that ;

"all aspergers are atheistic monsters who have no feelings at all and are incapable of human love". :D


and aspies wonder why people think AS types would like politcal monsters???? :o

"why would god even allow aspergers to be born , if he knows they will become atheists?" ....... heard that one too :D

depends on who youre asking , i suppose. :wink:

no war crimes trials for the winners ...................general rule of thumb on earth :lol:



24 Sep 2012, 11:02 am

Hanotaux wrote:
I think that Hitler had AS, at least until his WWI experience traumatized him/gave him confidence and he morphed into something else.

His whole life until 1914 reads almost like an AS autobiography.




Image



nogard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

User avatar

Joined: 10 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 7

24 Sep 2012, 11:12 am

what the usa did to Gaddafi was the opposite of democracy :cry:
it was an atrocious act befitting what we have become ----american barbarism--- killers of world leaders----without the trials we all sing about in our arrogance , in our churches. in our "hallowed" halls of govt ..we are little better than stalin and his freinds , we are just "cleaner" in our monstrous deeds. our extraordinary renditions,,,our "foreign affairs". :x

who's the monsters?! who the hell would know on this craphole of a planet. :cry: