Would this qualify for 'sensitivity'? (eye sensitivity)

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 10:14 am

I used to not like florescent lights--but I've gotten used to them.

When will there be a Nerdygirl Epic Symphony?

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 4:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I used to not like florescent lights--but I've gotten used to them.

When will there be a Nerdygirl Epic Symphony?

I have a new piece I will put up soon, but it is not an Epic Symphony. LOL

tatals
Raven
Raven

02 Apr 2016, 6:18 pm

nerdygirl wrote:
tatals wrote:
yarnmama wrote:
nerdygirl wrote:
This is about light-sensitivity for people with lighter colored eyes.
Apparently, the same is true for fluorescent lighting...which I guess explains why I've always had a problem with fluorescent lights!

However, I think my problems with the fluorescent lights have been worse than other people with blue eyes. And also, the buzz of the lights bothers me, not just the light.

http://qi.epfl.ch/en/sondage/show/92/

I really need to look more into this eye colour thing, mine are kind of golden/green so somewhere in the middle in terms of lightness.

Do you find the flicker annoying too? I really can't stand fluorescent lights all round, they are just plain nasty, too harsh, overly bright, too noisy, and that flicker is so annoying. If I was queen of the world I would ban them straight away :lol: :P

I have dark brown eyes and I see to have the same problem. My mom has hazel eyes and deals with brightness way better than I do, so I have to wonder if it's limited to eye color.

I am sure some people have problems with light regardless of eye color. But people with light eyes tend to have this problem more often. I suppose that if someone was Aspie with light eyes, it might be hard to tell *which* is causing the problem with the light.

Oh, sure. I agree.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 6:35 pm

My eyes are super sensitive to certain lights, as well as how much visual information I am processing at once. When there is a lot going on, my mind tends to get confused and I can misinterpret what I am seeing, plus having eye floaters and visual snow does not make it fun.

I've had to stop playing a few games and stop watching a few movies because of my eyes being like this.

duck01
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2016, 7:04 am

Even with very good sunglasses on, I still get corneal flash burns not only in very strong Italian sunlight of 30+ but in mild temperatures of 23 degrees. My eyes start itching, stinging, burning and watering within minutes if I don't have my sunglasses on as well.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2016, 10:25 am

It may be an autism thing sure enough, but keep in mind it can be lots of things - it can be a symptom of degenerative eye disease, especially if it seems to increase over time, and many people with a history of migraines or chronic headaches are always photosensitive even when not in pain.