Surya
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2010, 11:53 am

nick007 wrote:
MONKEY wrote:
Lecks wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Dogs attack people sometimes to but lots of people have dogs as pets & most dog owners don't get bit. I do think this women needs to find a man instead of having chimps as her companions thou :o

Please don't compare this to domestic dogs or cats (keyword: domestic), dogs and cats have been bred to be pets for thousands of years. Selected for aesthetics and personality and treated as little more than commodities, the treatment of our longtime pets is an indicator to me that caring for other animals is not something humans are good at.

This is exactly what I was going to say. You can't compare a domestic dog to a wild animal like a chimp. You also you can't just "tame" or "domesticate" an animal as intelligent and as complicated as a chimp. The whole idea as keeping them as a "pet" and "owning" them is just insulting to their intelligence.

Dogs wer 1ce wild to & they are domesticated nowadays. Some humans are much more wild than that chimp seemed

nick007, I agree with you and I agree with the others in a way, because there is a problem with domesticated primates.
Hopefully that can be fixed.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 11:53 am

nick007 wrote:
Laz wrote:
An abusive perversion

Least she doesn't have 15 cats

I had a landlord who was like that. She made a guest appearance on the simpsons as the crazy cat lady. She even looked like her too

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:00 pm

Laz wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Laz wrote:
An abusive perversion

I had a landlord who was like that. She made a guest appearance on the simpsons as the crazy cat lady. She even looked like her too

Why does it seem people on the fringes tend to have a lot of domestic animals, particularly cats?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Aug 2010, 5:06 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
Laz wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Laz wrote:
An abusive perversion

Why does it seem people on the fringes tend to have a lot of domestic animals, particularly cats?

Animals can be a supplement/replacement for human friends. I think lots of people with mental illnesses prefer animals to humans. A while back on The Colbert Report he was interviewing a woman who was staring in a movie that was based on a book by a woman I think who was autistic & preferred horses to people. I would rather be around animals than a group of people. I'm not sure whey people prefer cats specifically but I hear that guys prefer dogs while women prefer cats

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 5:53 pm

I hope those chimps bite her on the arse and then use her head as a bongo drum.

Even better, why not cuddle up a couple of rhinos? Makes just as much sense.

Mics

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

Michhsta wrote:
I hope those chimps bite her on the arse and then use her head as a bongo drum.

Even better, why not cuddle up a couple of rhinos? Makes just as much sense.

Mics

:lmao: Beautiful!!

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 6:53 pm

Her answer was based on her needs, not the chimps needs. That's why she is selfish in my book. I have two cats because I love them and I take care of them as such. I don't try to humanize them in any way at all. They both do their own thing. To say "They make me happy" is a very selfish thing to say. The chimp looked calm, but as she said, once they hit puberty, their hormones change and obviously especially in males, they're going to be violent to some kind of degree, this is how all animals are, including humans. However, a chimp is a pretty smart animal, so underestimating that they would do something when they are also not capable of learning to such a degree to override hormones, is a little like thinking men don't think about sex all the time.