Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2010, 9:59 pm

YEP! I was diagnosed with Bipolar, but my moods just don't swing like a bipolar's does. Plus bipolar people don't throw big fat tantrums like a big baby... Like I do. Hate it when it happens, especially in public places.

Too many of my mood swings are trigger based, and I'm finding more and more that people with aspergers respond differently to these triggers than people with bipolar. I always felt pretty left out and misplaced around other bipolars who found me odd and strange.

Azolet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2010, 10:11 am

Thanks guys!! This has been really helpful!

nelle, I am on a GFCF diet, that my parents made me go on when I was 7! I kind of skimped on that diet over the past year ... maybe I should go back.

It's interesting that coffee is a trigger for some of you ... just plain old coffee (no sugar, etc.) makes me calm, but it gives me headaches, so I try to avoid it.

Yesterday, I tried increasing my dose of antidepressant, because my doctor thought it might "even me out". But I felt really wired and weird, my pupils were dialated, and I felt a little feverish, so I went back down again today ... I am going to try to get more sleep, and eat less sugar.

I do think a lot of my mood swings have to do with environmental triggers ... it is nice to know that I am not the only Aspie that deals with this!

frag
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 10:23 am

What you describe sounds like a mild serotonin syndrome. I think you should tell the doc because it can be a bad thing.

SmallFruitSong
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2010, 10:44 am

Being aspie doesn't mean being robotic, so I'm guessing all human beings have some sort of mood swing :P

Sorry to hear about the mood swinging so much over the course of a day. That would drive me nuts. I get mood swings too but the subclinical stuff might occur over a few days, while the clinical stuff would occur over months. I'm just coming out of a 3-month depressive swing.

Kiss me to the core."

Think you're ASD? Get thee to a professional!

Azolet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2010, 12:46 pm

Serotonin syndrome ... yeah, that's what I thought it might be too. I told my doctor, and I feel fine again today, so hopefully it's okay...