Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

FAss wrote:
Hi everybody,
I am a health care professional interested in the process of diagnosing Asperger's syndrome. If you don't mind, could each of you answer the following questions:
1) What was the specialty of the doctor or doctors who diagnosed you?
2) How many doctors did you visit to get a diagnosis? How many of them agreed/disagreed on the diagnosis of AS?
3) How did you first find out about AS? Was it from the doctor who diagnosed you or other sources?
4) Were you self-diagnosed before getting the "official" diagnosis? If so, what did you use to self-diagnose? Please give specific links if possible.
5) If you remember, could you let me know what specific tests were administered by the doctors? Or in general, did they ask questions or observe your behavior?

Thank you very much. I truly appreciate your responses. I may ask to clarify laater.

1) Child psychologist

2)One

3) When I was diagnosed with it. I actually learnt about this site from the woman who diagnosed me telling my parents about it.

4) See 3.

5) I remember an interview, though I didn't know what it was for.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 10:23 pm

FAss wrote:
Hi everybody,
I am a health care professional interested in the process of diagnosing Asperger's syndrome.

(from another post, please read - http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt135633.html)

FAss wrote:
I used to post here under a different nickname saying I was "self-diagnosed".

FAss,

please be transparent with your intentions posting here.

my interpretation: you used to think you have AS, and now that you believe you don't, you doubt the diagnostic process and whether AS is a valid diagnosis at all.

this is your personal struggle. you have been misleading, IMO.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2010, 11:07 pm

1. Psychiatrist
2. Family doctor does not know, but referred me to said mentioned psychiatrist after initial diagnosis of fluctuating, sigmoidal depression.
3. social worker from AISH, assistance program I am on, recently told me about it
4.No
5. Observations at PTU (patient therapy unit). Recent TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone) test showed abnormally high levels. So indicates hypothyroidism and prescribed synthroid (synthetic thyroxine hormone) to normalize metabolism. What connection this has, if any with AS, I am unsure of.