Do you want to be 'cured' of Neurotypical Syndrome?spin off

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you want to be 'cured' of Neurotypical Syndrome?
if i had it hack yea 18%  18%  [ 14 ]
if i had it hack yea 28%  28%  [ 22 ]
if i had it hell no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
if i had it hell no 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
yes 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
yes 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
no 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
no 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
your the best monique 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
your the best monique 20%  20%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 80

mezzanotte
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 2:40 am

Aspies and NTs are both beautiful as they are, and neither group needs to be "cured."

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 7:08 pm

I <3 so many of the posts here I'm not sure what to do. This almost seems like the right planet again, at least for a second.

I voted that I wanted to be cured.
I think most people here have it due to adopted simulation and/or contamination.
We can't help but have it when surrounded by it constantly.

I think it needs to be cured because it's an unsustainable delusion. It's a mode of thinking deeply buried in almost endless layers of imagination.
It's a condition that controls society collectively, not something that we control.

I have many more reasons like this as to why I feel it should be cured.

An NT can realize, "hey I've been faking all of this stuff just to fit in".
An ASD can realize, "hey they want me to think that being fake and lying is a good thing".

There's a difference!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2014, 8:22 pm

It is 3AM you hear a noise. Is he raiding the refrigerator? Is his neurotypical loyalty deficits mean he is going out to cheat on you?. or sneak outside to complete that business deal that will lead to criminal charges?.

Sound the alarm. If an outside force brainwashed 98% of the population forcing them to spend most of their time obsessing how to rise in the social hierarchy, repetitive bizarre behaviors such as judging people by eye contact, bullying normal Autypical people causing drops in productivity, crime, mental illness, we would leave no stone unturned, we would call at the Army, the Marines, the Navy.

When you see films from 1950's you see people loyal to their families and their companies. Where were the neurotypicals?
Anne Douchel,
The Age of Neurotypicalisim

Moderators will give 2 warnings then ban any posters that use the slur "neurotypical". The only acceptable language is "person with neurotypicalism".

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2014, 5:57 pm

Morgana wrote:
Oh thanks, untilwereturn! I wrote that ages ago, and thought no one had noticed.

I agree about the "latest fads" thing. Not only do I not follow them, but I'm usually not even aware of what they are! (This applied even when I was young).

I also thought it was great. Thanks.