Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2010, 10:55 pm

I just pre-ordered the Kingdom Hearts PSP Bundle pack not to long ago and I was wondering what games should I get for the PSP. I already got Daxter (which I plan on getting when I get the system).

Prksrbrt
Raven
Raven

21 Aug 2010, 11:10 pm

Disgaea 1&2, Me and My Katamari, Crisis Core FFVII, Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions. There's so many that I want to list but I don't want to take up too much space, so enjoy the few I did recommend.

go_around
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2010, 3:04 am

I second all of Prksrbrt's recs, and would add - Patapon/Patapon 2, Persona 3 Portable, Half-Minute Hero, and The Warriors.

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 8:57 am

Both Sonic Rivals games. Trust me. You'll thank me for suggesting them.

Science_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2010, 8:13 pm

Phantasy Star Portable 2 is coming out in September. \(^.^)/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpY2wYCG9-M[/youtube]

Jessi_in_wonderland
Toucan
Toucan

22 Aug 2010, 10:06 pm

Grand Theft Auto China Town.

Lyriel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Aug 2010, 3:46 am

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

It's a remake of Lunar: Silver Star Story for the PS1, which, in turn, was a remake of Lunar: The Silver Star for the Sega CD. If you've never played a Lunar game before, I would highly recommend it. From a technical standpoint, it is your typical Japanese RPG game. It's a bit on the easy side (especially in comparison to the the previous North American releases - Working Designs, who used to hold the license to the Lunar franchise in North America, were a bunch of sadists that did what they could to make the game more challenging... but they were a great company, RIP), and the load times are a little bit long, but the story is fantastic (one of my all-time favorites!). XSeed did an excellent job bringing SSH over to the states.

Of course, if you are familiar with any of the previous Lunar releases, there have been some significant changes. Most notable is that none of the voice actors returned (with the sole exception of Jenny Stigile, who sang the two songs - which were reworked as more direct adaptations of the original Japanese lyrics - but she did not reprise her role as Royce). As I said, the game is a bit easier, and there were a few rather minor additions to the game, including a prologue/tutorial that expands on the Four Heroes story.

Although I haven't played it yet (as I had to cancel my pre-order), Ys 7 just came out last week, and I hear it's really good. It was also brought to North America by XSeed, so I trust that its English adaptation is very high quality.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 3:50 am

I haven't played it, but KillZone Liberation seems like it might be good. A few years ago I tried to play a turn based strategy game for the PSP, but I found it boring. However, with the exception of games such as Risk, Stratego, Chess, Checkers, and Civilization IV, I find most turn based strategy games boring.

Koopa-Kid
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2010, 7:59 am

Its hard to recommend games to folks because we all have different taste. However when I play my PSP I only play 3 games. Grand Theft auto, Socom and Monster Hunter. There alot of fun for me at-least.