Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?
Yes 84%  84%  [ 27 ]
No 16%  16%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 32

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 5:35 pm

DW wrote:
I find the idea that ETs are working with humans and performing tests on other kidnapped humans in some underground base a little silly, this starts to go a little too far for me... So for 'research' purposes, we will assume that by extraterrestrial life I meant that perhaps the Phoenix Lights were some craft manned by some other lifeform, and that the nearest lifeforms are most likely unicellular organisms, etc.

"Phoenix lights" were AN/ALE-40 countermeasures dispenser. The only question is: was it the F-15 or the F-16?

The UFO nutcases don't know what an IR flare is, or what it looks like, or how it's used, so naturally they must be ALIEN SPACESHIPS!

The utterly absurd logic employed by some of these kooks would be amusing, if it weren't scary.

Brianm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Aug 2010, 7:54 pm

Nobody knows what I voted. I'll just keep it secret.

DW
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2010, 12:10 am

Dilbert wrote:
DW wrote:
I find the idea that ETs are working with humans and performing tests on other kidnapped humans in some underground base a little silly, this starts to go a little too far for me... So for 'research' purposes, we will assume that by extraterrestrial life I meant that perhaps the Phoenix Lights were some craft manned by some other lifeform, and that the nearest lifeforms are most likely unicellular organisms, etc.

"Phoenix lights" were AN/ALE-40 countermeasures dispenser. The only question is: was it the F-15 or the F-16?

The UFO nutcases don't know what an IR flare is, or what it looks like, or how it's used, so naturally they must be ALIEN SPACESHIPS!

The utterly absurd logic employed by some of these kooks would be amusing, if it weren't scary.

Well yea, I agree that when some people claim that every President since Grover Cleveland has visited some underground city in Mount Shasta so called 'Telos City', that goes a little bit too far, or that human-ET hybrids are being kept underneath Dulce, New Mexico inside glass vials. I heard one story that there is a secret base underneath Denver International Airport that is connected to a worldwide network of underground tunnels run by some lizard-men. These go a little bit over the top, towards the 'kooky' side, but I think that the Phoenix Lights could have had some extraterrestrial origin. Obviously though, there is room for skepticism.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:26 am

Holy s**t DW, it's under DIA? I've totally been to that airport several times before and after my move to Laramie.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

DW
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2010, 2:35 am

Yea, there are people that believe that there is a base under DIA. They claim this is possible due to the airports large size, and some strange pictures and symbols posted around the airport. People also claim that the runways form the shape of a Swastika, although there really is not much ressemblance when you make a mental picture. Some people believe that this base could be the US headquarters for the New World Order or some other fake organization.

The government obviously has several military bases such as Area 51 and Dugway, although a base under DIA seems very unlikely, and silly quite honestly.

DW
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2010, 2:41 am

By the way, another claim is that there is an entrance attached to municipal roads that leads directly into the underground tunnels that attach to the various bases such as Area 51 and Dulce, in Wyoming, near a lake named Brooks Lake. I mention this because of your location. Again though... none of this information is verified and most likely fake.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:48 am

I know, still it's funny to hear all the rumors and conspiracy theories concerning the place where you live.

I know for a fact that there is an extensive underground tunnel system in downtown Laramie, dating back from the beginning of the Cold War. Basically Cheyenne is the control center for about half of the country's ICBM nukes, so Cheyenne (and Laramie by proximity) were both considered likely targets for nuclear strike by the Russians.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

DW
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2010, 3:02 am

Exactly, I am inclined to believe that the majority of these bases are almost exclusively related to military operations.
Dugway, for example is slowly being known as Area 52, but is a bioweaponry testing facility, clear as day. In fact, veterans can inquire for employment as security guards at that site. The base at Dulce could be there, but if it is, it's there probably to work on secret weapons underground, underground in order to stay out of the sight of enemy spy satellites.. every one of these bases has some logical explanation.

So yea, it does get kind of funny reading some of these obviously out of hand conspiracy theories.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:08 am

Is this where the Black Helicopters are parked?

ruveyn

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 11:32 am

ruveyn wrote:
Is this where the Black Helicopters are parked?

ruveyn

I see black helicopters flying over Laramie all the time. The military bases in the surrounding areas are especially active.