Men, you are in the wrong place

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Tiggurix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 2:16 pm

nthach wrote:
I think the ban hammer needs to be swung...

+1

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 2:17 pm

I do have to say that some female posters have oppressed my non threatening views on here. On other boards, NT's can be bad, but Aspies, with their out of control ego's and self righteous unmoving attitudes, are far worse to deal with.

Tiggurix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Aug 2010, 2:18 pm

Craig28 wrote:
I do have to say that some female posters have oppressed my non threatening views on here. On other boards, NT's can be bad, but Aspies, with their out of control ego's and self righteous unmoving attitudes, are far worse to deal with.

:roll:

fs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Aug 2010, 2:22 pm

deadeyexx wrote:
Is it really necessary to make your own website to get your points across? Preaching to the choir is pretty pointless.

I find the conflicting views on this site to be healthy

But the conflicting views (like mine) aren't tolerated here. I welcome any views on my forum.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 2:23 pm

fs is trying to make it soooo easy for me. And then he'll get to blame me as a woman, or political correctness, instead of his own complete disregard for the obvious rules, and the fact that it was a MAN who asked the last thread be locked because of the posts in there by fs.

You all deserve to have your responses stay on record, especially if he tries to convince anyone I was squashing the voices of our men, or I'd move the thread out.

Instead, I'm going to lock and quote the applicable rule secion:

Posting Specifications
--------------------
* Please don't post duplicate threads.
* Don't spam the forums with affiliate links
* Reposting a locked or deleted posts or threads is against the rules.
* Personal attacks against people or other sites are not permitted. If you have an issue with someone, talk to them about it somewhere other than our forum.
* Ensure that links and pictures in posts fit the page format
* Posts which disrupt the page format may be edited or deleted by the Moderators.
* Mentioning your own site is only permitted once you've contributed substantial useful content to the forums.
* Owners of WrongPlanet reserve the right to delete, edit, move, or lock any thread for any reason.

Our site owner, Alex, has never been tolerant in the slightest of people promoting their own websites at the expense of WP.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

fs wrote:
deadeyexx wrote:
Is it really necessary to make your own website to get your points across? Preaching to the choir is pretty pointless.

I find the conflicting views on this site to be healthy

But the conflicting views (like mine) aren't tolerated here. I welcome any views on my forum.

I told you how you could express your conflicting views. You refuse to conform.

Shoot, read PPR and see how many distasteful positions we are allowing to be espoused. They simply have learned one thing you have not: to follow the rules and the guidelines I actually took the time to spell out for you.

If you get banned, it won't be me. We've got plenty of men who relish such opportunities; you know, the warrior instinct. I wasn't born with it ;)

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 2:55 pm

Willard wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
TBH, the mods need to be much quicker at catching trolls in this place, it's a big problem.

Hear! Hear!

WP used to be a haven, lately its begun to feel like a wild west town with people indiscriminately kicking over tables and taking vicious potshots at each other. I know a lot of other forums are like that all the time, but this one should never be allowed to get like that.

Can we start putting up WANTED posters?

If you all could spend a few hours taking that message straight to Alex, to whom I've given more than a few lists of new moderator suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a real difficult time feeling responsible for a job that I do not have the time to do, and it is no secret that I have asked to retire. We need more moderators, period, but I cannot make that happen.

I've tried hard to stay circumspect on the staffing issue, for a variety of reasons, but I have now spent most of the past week on WP business when I was supposed to be doing something else, and I'm frustrated. When I get the pm's, I do my best, but it's out of control for me.