Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

Kelpie wrote:
>_> It's not being a big baby at all! You should be taking them anyways! CELL REPAIR, CELL REPAIR! ARGH! I don't get why logic never works for people! lol

Sorry, I'm a health nut, and I am overreacting!

Those will have to work, but ugh! They destroy your liver.

It pisses me off because my mom busted her tailbone at an amusement park last year. She complains about it CONSTANTLY but doesn't want to see a professional. Granted, I hate doctors too but if it's been hurting for that long, someone has to take a look at it. Mom's like "you just pulled a muscle, rest and you'll be fine." That may be true but how can I be certain? :(

Ibuprofen and Tylenol destroy my liver? Oh nooess. D:

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 2:27 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm not a real doctor. I'm that type of doctor, that The Who once recorded a song about. I can't really help you.

Lol, that's okay. You made me laugh, which helps a bit. ^_^

Kelpie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 3:02 pm

Vitamins help speed up the process. It gives your body resources to quickly do their job.

Yeah, if you take ibuprofen or Tylenol often, over time it will destroy your liver.

Yeah, the tailbone is a very fragile part of the body. Your mother will get arthritis if she doesn't do something about it!

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 3:10 pm

Kelpie wrote:
Vitamins help speed up the process. It gives your body resources to quickly do their job.

Yeah, if you take ibuprofen or Tylenol often, over time it will destroy your liver.

Yeah, the tailbone is a very fragile part of the body. Your mother will get arthritis if she doesn't do something about it!

I don't take the stuff that often. Like once in a blue moon but that's it. :)

Oh noes. I should tell her about that. D:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 3:13 pm

Quote:
Ibuprofen

That will reduce swelling if you have any. Might make a differance might not.

It takes a lot of them in high dose to kill your liver. More effective just to go to the direct source then a cocktail mix and take a paracetamol overdose if you want to knock your liver out

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 5:14 pm

Doctor here.

There are a variety of possibilities, none of which I could exclude without actually seeing your range of motion.

I recommend ibuprofen over acetominophen at the outset, as it has a better anti-inflammatory effect and is likely to be more helpful if this is a muscular injury.

I strongly recommend seeing a doctor. If it is a muscle injury, the doctor can recommend some basic self-therapy and give you a prescription for more effective pain killers, if required.

However, if it is a more serious problem then the doctor can refer you to appropriate supplementary care.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 5:40 pm

Don't use a heating pad, you need to take any inflammation down with an icepack for 10 to 15 minutes, then take an anti inflammatory such as Advil.
A lot of lower back pain is the result of being inactive or a sedentary lifestyle, your ham strings get short and you lose that flexibility in your hips and
lower back. Take a look at this website for the proper gluteal stretches, it will help with the pain, you will need to do this 2 times a day, I do 3 stretches
on each leg in the morning then repeat in the evening

http://www.lower-back-pain-answers.com/ ... tches.html

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 6:47 pm

Thanks guys. I'm feeling better, slowly but surely. I'm able to stand up faster and less painfully than I was able to a few hours ago. I am off the heating pad now and took an ibuprofen 3 hours ago. I'm just a little sore. I'll see what my condition is like in the morning. I think I'll refrain from my core exercises until next week just to be sure. >.<