Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

DeathGoth
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2010, 1:15 pm

http://kdka.com/consumer/work.from.home.2.1501439.html
You should read this..

It was on my news station a lil while ago so thought who want to try and do work at home jobs this seems legit or the news station wouldnt add it on thier site of do a story on it.

carzak

27 Oct 2010, 1:13 am

Finally got word from them. First they wanted more personal information. Then they wanted me to complete a terms and conditions questionairre. Apparently, the next step is testing. It's been a long wait, but things are looking good.

carzak

04 Nov 2010, 6:16 pm

I got hired! Thanks, pennywise, for posting that job here and your help.

pennywisezzz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 May 2011, 5:23 am

You are welcome! Hope you are still working with them.

Lahmacun
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 May 2011, 7:17 pm

Thanks for posting that link and very valuable information, Pennywisezzz! I also applied, went through the usual drill, and just finished my practical exam this afternoon. Now I'm waiting to hear back. Can I ask both of you how long you each had to wait before they got back to you on whether you'd passed the practical exam? I REALLY want this job! :)

Lahmacun
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 May 2011, 2:52 pm

Update: I got hired! I start training in less than a week. Thanks again, Pennywisezzz...I NEVER would have found this company otherwise. I'm very excited! I hope things are going well for everyone working with Lionbridge.

ms_squirrel
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2012, 10:14 am

any updates from people working for LionBridge? I applied in late October, early November. They replied in late February and they are supposed to send the testing materials to me tomorrow. Just curious if anyone is still working for them and how it is or if not, how it went. Thanks in advance.

0verload
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2012, 3:49 am

For a few months now I've been diving into home income opportunities, especially online. You've got the survey sites, affiliate programs of all sorts, sites like fiverr, etc. My main goal is to build up a passive source of income with a site called cashcrate. They pay you to fill out market research surveys. I've made $90 with them since november, which isn't very good money. I've admittedly been slacking, and some very dedicated people make this much each month. This may sound like an ad, and it kind of is. They have a great referral program, and bonuses are given to those who refer others. I've been paid. They send checks by mail. surveyscoop is my site, where I go into more detail.

I'd really like to get going with adsense too. I have ads on my gaming site, but it's still a hatchling and averages a measly 20 views a day. 1000+ unique visitors so far and not a single ad click. I enjoy reviewing games, so it helps to keep me motivated. Doing anything with the goal of money at the forefront is usually a recipe for failure.

Sorry for the semi-advertisement, just trying to help myself and others.

ms_squirrel
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Mar 2012, 10:36 pm

Well I took the test and did not pass it so it is not going to be an option for me. I feel really weird about having failed the test. I usually do very well on tests so it was kind of a shock to my system. I have a full time job and was just going to use this to supplement my income. Oh well, hopefully something else will come up.

Psygirl6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Mar 2012, 5:32 pm

Thanks for the website info. I am looking for a stay at home job because I need to work, but have physical disabilities that prevent me from a traditional out of home job.

ms_squirrel
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Apr 2012, 4:36 pm

They sent me another email with another chance to take the test. I am not sure if the fact that I downloaded all the study materials on one pc and took the test on another had anything to do with it. I passed the first part and took the second part but will not get my results until tomorrow. I am still curious if anyone is working for Lionbridge and what their experience has been.

BobinPgh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2012, 11:12 pm

I do medical transcription from my apartment and I find that I can tolerate it and some of you might be interested. The problem is that you have to have 2-3 years experience in the industry so even if you go to school for it (I did not, I learned when I was transferred to a medical records department in a hospital) you would have to work on site for some time before they will even consider you. Unfortunately, it does not pay as well as in the past and at least for the company I work for, you have to be 99% perfect! 8O If you fall below that, your job is threatened and you have to have "quality mentoring"- conference calls with a "Super QC" that for me are hell with criticisms, insults, being talked down to. I am actually trying to get out because of this. Oh, and medical records at some hospitals can actually be, as I say in another thread, confusing noisy hellholes. Then again, I don't even know if I can work in ANY health care setting (see myother thread)

NoQuarter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2012, 1:02 am

I worked for Lionbridge about a year ago and it is a legitimate opportunity.

The tests are not hard but some people seem to have trouble with it for whatever reason.

They are very disjointed and very often you will get an email from the quality team saying you need to be more accurate, and then another email from the efficiency team saying you need to work faster. If you can brush off these frustrating conflicts then you'll be fine; it's very, very rare that you will actually have to talk to someone one-on-one. Most of the correspondence you get is via form email.

The pay is very good but I found myself unmotivated after a while as the tasks were not varied enough to keep me interested. You don't have to quit, you can just stop working for a month and they won't generally care. my girlfriend was terminated after 9 months through which she worked sporadically (maybe 15 hours total) and I was terminated after 12 months, the last 6 of which I did not work at all.

Leapforce is another company doing the same thing; both companies are contracted by Google.

coconapple

22 Apr 2012, 5:06 pm

Does anyone know if you can work from Linux, or must you have Windows?
Also, do you need to speak on the phone/VoiP? I used to have phone phobia (panic attacks). I think I'm over it, but I don't want to disappoint Lionbridge.

NoQuarter
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2012, 1:48 am

As far as I know, Linux is ok so long as you use Firefox. There are certain browser extensions you will need for certain types of tasks.

No phone calls, ever.

LookTwice
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2012, 8:13 pm

NoQuarter wrote:
The pay is very good

If you consider $13.50/hr good. It doesn't sound terrible for work at home, then again they don't pay for time you spend with training, you need to supply energy, hardware and internet connection, may need to pay taxes and social security, and may find Leapforce saying you worked less than you think you did. And you shouldn't expect them to respect you at all.