Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

pennywisezzz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Aug 2010, 1:29 pm

I work full time outside of my house as a CNA in a locked unit for people in the end stages of dementia/Alzheimer's, but I work part time from home for a company called Lionbridge on my days off, or in the evenings after work. They have different jobs available. I work as an Internet Assessor. I was thinking about it the other day and thought maybe some people on here might enjoy this kind of work. I'll post the link for their careers page:

http://www.lionbridge.com/lionbridge/en ... areers.htm

The job is flexible - you work whenever you want, as long as you put your hours in (minimum of 10 hrs & maximum of 20 hrs per week). Works for me. Good luck to anybody who applies! :D

Highland_Storm
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Aug 2010, 11:03 am

Is this real, or some kind of scam?

pennywisezzz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Aug 2010, 10:29 am

I've talked to many people who work the same position as I do and they are regularly paid. My first pay day is tomorrow and then again on the 10th. I will post to confirm that I receive payment. If you work 30+ hours in a month you get early pay on the 10th of the following month, if you work less than 30 hrs you will get paid on the 30th of the following month. I started working in late July and couldn't get to 30 hours so I get paid Aug 30th for my July work. But since I got more than 30 hrs for August done I will get paid Sep 10th.

If you go to www.workplacelikehome.com you can register for free to view and post on their forums and they have a board for Lionbridge workers there. They also have boards for all kinds of work from home jobs with links to apply to the jobs and you can talk to people who are working for the companies to see what the companies are like to work for - are they friendly, do they pay on time, etc Some jobs are customer service by phone, online support services, different paid to write companies, transcription services, etc It's a mix of stuff.

pennywisezzz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Aug 2010, 11:16 am

I got paid! :D

azurecrayon
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 1:30 pm

ok, second most important question (first one being is it a scam, already answered heh), how much do they pay? and is it by the hour or per piece?

K - 6 yrs med/school dx classic autism
C - 8 yrs NT
N - 15 yrs school dx AS

pennywisezzz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Aug 2010, 5:43 pm

You sign a NDA when you are hired so I cannot discuss pay rates. But I can say that they pay by the hour and it is good. :wink: They pay more per hour than my full time job does.

carzak
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2010, 11:35 pm

It sounds interesting and the company seems legit, so I applied yesterday. Haven't heard back from them yet.

Io

05 Sep 2010, 9:45 pm

Just recently I looked at their site as well (though I haven't applied yet), and read through another discussion forum where they were talking about the analyst position. From everything I saw it seems like they are VERY selective about who they hire! :(

pennywisezzz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2010, 6:43 pm

It took a while for me to hear back from them after I applied and from what I hear, that's a norm in the application process with them. I don't have any special degree or anything. I completed high school and the only other training/education I have done is to get my certified nurse aide and certified med aide licences. On my application I made sure to reference any computer/internet related work I've been responsible for at work. I also mentioned that I had previously been self employed and sold online for a couple of years. In the section where you put why you thought you would be good for the job I put in that I love computers and the internet and that I regularly spend MANY hours online and that I love searching things up online and learning new things.

Now, being an Internet Assessor, you don't need any degrees. But I know there are other positions where you do need certain degrees and experience.

Io

08 Sep 2010, 10:42 pm

Did you find the tests they gave you when you applied to be difficult at all? That was the other thing I'd see people complaining about.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 11:14 pm

I'd love to have a work from home job.

luvsterriers
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:50 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd love to have a work from home job.

WOW to have a job working at home without seeing people???? That would be great for me.

If you're not happy with yourself, you'll never be happy with somebody else. (Don Omar)

carzak

10 Sep 2010, 3:09 pm

On tuesday, I received an email from them saying that they are experiencing high volumes of applications, and that positions will be granted on a first come, first serve basis.

It had the option to provide proof of english proficiency, which I didn't because it seemed like a lot of trouble, and I was born and raised in the US and thought I demonstrated proficiency in other areas of the application. I also didn't provide a resume, because the application itself was basically a resume. Hopefully that doesn't hurt my chances.

Pennywise, did you provide these?

lotuspuppy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 5:43 pm

I had a college job for a year working as a writer. I never stepped foot into an office that whole time.

Writing is a good job if you enjoy written communication. You work on deadlines a lot, and it can be high-pressure. Nevertheless, you interact with people mainly via e-mail (maybe phone), and don't have a commute.

pennywisezzz
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2010, 10:31 am

I filled out the application (which really is like a resume). After a couple of weeks I was sent an email about them assessing their need for new recruits. Then a couple weeks later I received an email to read and acknowledge some things and sign the NDA. Also I had to answer a couple other questions. I was never asked to prove my English proficiency, though. Then I received my study material and an email containing the links to begin testing. The first test was like 25 theory questions and I forget how long that took to answer. It's multiple choice and sometimes there is more than one right answer. When you pass that you take the practical test which is 150 actual tasks like what you would be doing after you're hired (there are other tasks you work on as well after being hired). The practical test I sat down and completed in 4hrs. Many people take it over a couple of days and spend a lot more time on it and look over their answers before they submit them, but I just wanted it over with. You will then receive an answer as to whether you passed it or not. If you pass you are hired! You fill in a W9 form and off you go.

carzak

14 Sep 2010, 12:45 am

Thanks for the extra info.