What subjects do you achieve highly in?

Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 12:04 am

How serendipitous that a thread I posted 6 months ago has reopened whilst I was online, considering I only began using WP again several days ago, the chances of this occurring are quite remote!

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 12:22 am

In high school I excelled in science and English. I did good in most everything except math. But in college, I'm just kind of average.

PanoramaIsland
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2011, 7:34 am

Art, art history, philosophy, English, literary studies, critical theory, sociology - that sort of thing. Science I can understand tolerably well, but have no special facility in; math I have great respect for, but can't understand hardly at all. To be fair, I could probably do a better job of it if I really applied myself to it - I can usually appreciate mathematical concepts if they're explained to me on a conceptual level in lay terms - but I haven't got the kind of natural facility for it that I have for art, philosophy and the humanities.

esh
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

Location: A Consciousness Between Quarks (My physical presence belongs to Estonia)

14 Jan 2011, 10:54 am

Maths, Physics, History, Literature, Estonian. English is one of my worst subjects (although I get 5's or 4's, I do most of the tests intuitively, but in order to say that I'm truly good at a particular subject, I need to know all the details/rules that surround it) since all of my English teachers have been very unpleasant and I had no desire to study grammar by myself since. I decided to start studying grammar independently now. I'm aware that my grammar is terrible in comparison with other WP members, and well, I need to be much better at English than what I am now in order to succeed in Gymnasium

Tritone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2011, 12:08 pm

German, Latin, Pure Maths...

JediGirl77
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jan 2011, 2:22 pm

The subjects I do well in are science and maths.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 3:50 pm

Swedish, English, Social Studies (that is, sociology, history, religion, politics and all that). That's about it. :roll:

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 5:23 pm

I'm great at Biology, and better than average at maths

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 10:02 pm

Anything but math.

Middle and High School and college... math= C .. everything else = A and high Bs.

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2011, 9:29 pm

Art History-I LOVE being able to write about my interests on exams for an hour and half!
English,philosophy,religions and spirituality.But never have well on exams. :cry:

questions28
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:02 pm

it depends what i'm 'focusing' on, though i get good grades in all of them. (which doesnt actually say anything, because my school refuses to realise that its course material is far too easy). i get consistent good marks in english, maths, physics, chemistry, biology, RS and psychology (although how much i write depends on how much i like/trust the teacher, and grades in english/art fluctuate mildly depending on whether or not the teacher likes my style). anything written/drawn is good with me, because im not a big fan of speaking unless im asking qestions and its the only way i can comfortably express myself.

Akari-Seishin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Feb 2011, 2:37 pm

I'm good at literature, business, band, history. I'm good at math if someone actually teaches me along with chemistry.

Memories are only as great as people make them, so make every moment as memorable as it can be.

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2011, 9:41 pm

History and Physics are my top subjects in terms of my marks, with Math and Chemistry close behind. But Physics and Math are the ones which come the most intuitively to me. To be honest though, I do well at all of my subjects. Gym and art always gave me some trouble but in my school system they basically say that if you try then you get a good mark. English I loathe and is my lowest mark. My English teacher last year was excellent and I was able to get very good marks with her, but I still didn't much care for the subject. I do not like my teacher this year. She is sickeningly enthusiastic and never actually makes it clear what she wants us to do.

Brookeswebs
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2011, 11:59 am

Hey all guys, hope you will be fine enough and enjoying your life to the fullest . In my school life I always got A+ grade in Maths , Physics and Chemistry subjects. Biology was on the second number . These were the subjects I also like in my college life as well. Thanks :)

free tv channels

leeloodallas
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2011, 1:55 pm

Literature, History, and the Social Sciences.

and whatever I repeated, haha :?

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 9:33 pm

I normally get bad grades in math but ended up with 91% this year, I think it was because I took an easier course this year. In the video course I took, a got 83%. I get low marks in social studies and PE when I took it. I also don't get very high marks in art.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic