What subjects do you achieve highly in?

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Carnione
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Aug 2010, 10:39 pm

Helixstein wrote:
For me, the subjects I achieve highly in are Science and Social Studies. I always get 5 in these subjects (equivalent to A/A+), but I get very low grades in P.E.

Same :D though I get 3-4 in Science. I'm also doing well so far on NCEA level 1 Art and English.

PE, though.... scary.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 8:03 am

My best grade in college was an A in physics, which is weird because math consistently gives me trouble.

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 10:07 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
My best grade in college was an A in physics, which is weird because math consistently gives me trouble.

Albert Einstein was not very good at Maths, sometimes creativity and logic become alternatives to Maths.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:43 am

Helixstein wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

Albert Einstein was not very good at Maths, sometimes creativity and logic become alternatives to Maths.
Actually it's a misconception that Albert Einstein did poorly in Math. He did quite well in it, my problem is my attitude towards math.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 12:31 am

I think it is ironic that so many aspies...including me..... achieved more highly in social studies than in other subjects.
I guess we understand people on paper............

Brianm
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 Aug 2010, 7:22 pm

I did my best at mathematics and science.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 7:39 pm

My best and favorite subject is chemistry. :P I can't say I'm good at all science or all social science, but I have done fantastic in all of my social science classes and natural science classes. I have done kinda bad in some maths, unfortunately.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 8:01 pm

I'm awesome with writing and literature classes (obviously, I'm majoring and minoring in them respectively). I struggle with math and science. I can get good grades in P.E. but I always look stupid in the process. >.<

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2010, 9:01 pm

Erisad wrote:
I'm awesome with writing and literature classes (obviously, I'm majoring and minoring in them respectively). I struggle with math and science. I can get good grades in P.E. but I always look stupid in the process. >.<

Same here. :)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 8:09 am

daydreamer84 wrote:
I think it is ironic that so many aspies...including me..... achieved more highly in social studies than in other subjects.
I guess we understand people on paper............
If only it was that easy. :)

kraken
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Sep 2010, 10:26 am

All of them, though my grades frequently suffered from sleeping through earth science and reading novels during the others. I was fortunate enough to be born with sufficient native intelligence to do well in high school without much effort. Of course, I was unfortunate enough to get through high school without much effort, which really bit me in the ass when I got to college and hadn't developed any decent study habits. Life is full of irony.

Claire_Louise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Sep 2010, 5:12 am

music, languages, social studies, maths

not very good at PE :-)

9of47
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

I'm quite logical and I've had a long term special interest in numbers and mathematics so I've always scored well in that, except for when it was mathematical programming. I've also done quite well in chemistry, which has also become a special interest. I could do physics fairly well until it got to the point where we had to figure out how to visually represent the problem with a diagram. I did well in social sciences, biology, history, music, drama, italian and english provided I didn't have to "read between the lines", write anything that relied more on emotions than logic or do essays that were lengthy and needed extensive research as I could never get a hang of what to include and in what detail. I'm doing an integrated subject elective at uni involving one such assessment. It's already overdue. :oops:

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2010, 7:33 pm

I was low 90's in most subjects, but my biggest strength was/is math. Art, Music, and PE (especially after developing chronic migraines and fibromyalgia when I was 15) were always the lousiest.

acentupleflat
Raven
Raven

09 Jan 2011, 12:01 am

History, Music and IT. I was also ok at chemistry, but I had to drop it for more important subjects. :roll:

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 12:04 am

How serendipitous that a thread I posted 6 months ago has reopened whilst I was online, considering I only began using WP again several days ago, the chances of this occurring are quite remote!