Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 3:56 pm

I think this verse has been corrupted and its meaning completely reversed. It's similar to an idea that has existed forever throughout most mystical studies but, just, reversed. The mystical version that can be found everywhere is one that everyone is familiar with: as above, so below. This is just like Matthew 16:19 but reversed and the reverse makes no sense. Why would god grant dominion to rule heaven to the earthly popes to ban and allow whatever they wanted? That's the exact opposite of what anyone with any sense of wisdom would do. However, to say that the concept of "as above, so below" is the "keys to heaven" makes much more sense. If we study our environment and study ourselves to find out how we operate and what is natural and beyond our control and what are elements that we can work to eliminate, we can find the keys to heaven on earth and be able to truly find the laws of heaven....as above, so below.

Just a random thought that popped into my mind...I thought of the "as above, so below" then remembered/realized that there was a very similar meaning verse in the bible and it also had to do with the keys of heaven. Seeing that the meaning was reversed from "as above, so below" to sound like it's dictating "as below, so above" makes no sense....ergo, I think it was corrupted and it makes much more sense for us and to benefit us as the concept of "as above, so below" and that itself being the "keys to heaven". Our understanding of ourselves and our macro and micro environments allow us to extrapolate and expand outward.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson