yes 71%  71%  [ 20 ]
wrong! i'm a republican 29%  29%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 28

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2010, 6:35 am

BigK wrote:

It doesn't sound right to me. Couldn't a party organise mass voting by "independents" in the other party's primaries to try to defeat a good candidate?

Arrrgghhh! As smarrrrrt as paint ye arrrrre!

ruveyn

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 4:33 am

i hate how democrats in general seem to have lost their collective spine. they are letting repubs crap all over them, and have been reduced to thanking them for the privilege of being crapped-on by them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 8:23 am

auntblabby wrote:
i hate how democrats in general seem to have lost their collective spine. they are letting repubs crap all over them, and have been reduced to thanking them for the privilege of being crapped-on by them.

Specific instances please.

ruveyn

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Sep 2010, 3:34 pm

Democrat, because I find that the Republican party is filled with idiots and racists, and I like liberals better anyway. Not that liberals can't be idiots or racists, but their existence is in far lesser numbers.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 1:55 am

ruveyn wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Specific instances please./quote]

the health care debate, and obama rolling over and playing dead in the name of "bipartisanship." when the republicans [who have opposed anything smacking of true reform, such as actually extending health benefits to the uninsured] are praised by obama as having "constructive suggestions" that he would consider adopting, it made me want to vomit. obama was thanking the repubs [by his use of sweet talk directed at them] for crapping all over him by way of opposing everything he is trying to do. you may consider the invective heaped upon reform supporters as just a proper thing, but i will never believe that if the tables were turned you would be fine about it. :roll:

Llixgrjb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2010, 3:15 am

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

/how many catholic presidents have we had since?

None so far, but anti-catholic prejudice is dead and gone. Which was my objective.

ruveyn

One certified Catholic. He was president from 1981 to 1989. Although he was more likely to consult the stars than consult the Pope.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 3:17 am

Llixgrjb wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

/how many catholic presidents have we had since?

None so far, but anti-catholic prejudice is dead and gone. Which was my objective.

ruveyn

One certified Catholic. He was president from 1981 to 1989. Although he was more likely to consult the stars than consult the Pope.

RWR helped to unravel the New Deal. A definite plus.

ruveyn

Llixgrjb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Sep 2010, 3:45 am

rmctagg09 wrote:
Democrat, because I find that the Republican party is filled with idiots and racists, and I like liberals better anyway. Not that liberals can't be idiots or racists, but their existence is in far lesser numbers.

I am off-put by some Democrats/liberals specifically because they are so invested in identity politics and social engineering projects that aim to "level the playing field" for minorities (with adverse effects). They pit races, sexes and classes against each other, call those minorities who refuse to conform to their stereotypes Uncle Toms and use envy and guilt to rile up voters.

Their idea of "diversity" is nothing more than skin color and sleeping partner. Many of my liberal professors will allow only this kind of diversity but are ironically intolerant to the diversity of ideas, religion, and political orientation.

And no, I am not a bitter white Christian male as many of you might assume; I say this as an Asian secular conservative.

Last edited by Llixgrjb on 07 Sep 2010, 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 3:46 am

ruveyn wrote:

:!: :?: :roll: only for the cognitive elites/alphas such as yourself, but for me and everybody else, he [and his ilk] was very unfortunate.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 9:23 am

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Yeah, it's been nothing but smooth sailing since then. :roll:

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson