Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 8:11 pm

title says all

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 8:41 pm

I'm independent but with decidedly liberal leanings; in practice, this means I tend to vote Democratic.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2010, 9:12 pm

I'm sort of eclectic. There are some Republican positions I agree with and there are some Democrat positions I agree with. I probably have Libertarian leanings, but I'm likely going to vote mostly Democrat because I feel it's in my own personal best interest.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 12:25 am

Why would I vote for a loser who always concedes to the opposition party?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:34 am

I am a life long Democrat. My Dad was a union grievance man (equivalent to a shop steward), while my Mom had for years been a Democratic party activist, so I guess it's in my blood.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 6:47 am

Nope, but I occasionally vote for them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 10:01 am

Dox47 wrote:

I voted for JFK in 1960. My major motive was to put an end to the anti-catholic prejudice.

ruveyn

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 10:20 am

i vote consistently democratic only because republicans offer me doodlysqwat and are taken aback when i don't prostrate myself in abject worshipful gratitude for their doodlysqwat.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:33 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

I voted for JFK in 1960. My major motive was to put an end to the anti-catholic prejudice.

ruveyn

That went over well.

/how many catholic presidents have we had since?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 4:42 pm

Of course I am a Democrat-registered voter.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 7:20 pm

ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Ahh, the strategic vote; I like it. I've done that a few times, voting not so much for a particular person but for a long term goal. The concept is lost on too many people.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:34 pm

skafather84 wrote:

None so far, but anti-catholic prejudice is dead and gone. Which was my objective.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:51 pm

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

None so far, but anti-catholic prejudice is dead and gone. Which was my objective.

ruveyn

I come from an area that was pretty much settled by catholics (dominicans and jesuits)....what's this anti-catholic prejudice you speak of? I just figured it was one of those things where most of the country is some protestant or baptist or whatever other religion and so they all don't vote for catholics like they'd never vote for a mormon or a jew (they'd straight up lynch a muslim if they tried to run for higher office).

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:53 pm

Dox47 wrote:
ruveyn wrote:

ruveyn

Ahh, the strategic vote; I like it. I've done that a few times, voting not so much for a particular person but for a long term goal. The concept is lost on too many people.

It's why I registered republican last go round and threw my support behind Ron Paul. Because he represented what was needed as far as vision for governance of the country as I understood it at the time. Now I'm not too sure of him just because of so many butterfly effect situations regarding how the economy is set up and essentially soldered into place.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 7:01 am

skafather84 wrote:

I come from an area that was pretty much settled by catholics (dominicans and jesuits)....what's this anti-catholic prejudice you speak of? I

As recently as 1960 (50 years ago) many people believed that a Catholic president would take orders from the Vatican. I am happy to say this kind of nonsense is rather rare nowadays.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 10:31 am

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:

I come from an area that was pretty much settled by catholics (dominicans and jesuits)....what's this anti-catholic prejudice you speak of? I

As recently as 1960 (50 years ago) many people believed that a Catholic president would take orders from the Vatican. I am happy to say this kind of nonsense is rather rare nowadays.

ruveyn

Who

would

ever

worry

about

that?

:?: