My Resolution on National Culture and Popular Culture

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

29 Aug 2010, 8:35 pm

When teenagers grow up in an environment where they see that wearing the wrong colors on a certain street will cause certain death, they begin to think in a group mentality. And thus, gangs are formed; both by these environmental aspects, and also by the cultural aspect which lends itself to feelings of disenfranchisement among those in mainstream society who see themselves as needing to be a significant part of a greater collective or, who seek protection from enemies and feels secure by collectively imposing intimidation and fear upon outsiders.

Fortunately, most of the Gangsterist culture in current times is laughable. The unfortunate and eventually detrimental problem-children running around high-schools and public institutions of learning across America with their pants falling off and their little bakcwards hats are a testament to the failure of our nation to provide them with a national identity within which to assimilate.

You see, I know the feeling of disenfranchisement; of not feeling part of the whole. As a very lonely child and teenager coming of age in America's lower economic strata, I had little contact with people who wanted to share interests with me. Very few wanted to talk about politics, if it could be said there were any. I wish that there were a national youth organization encouraging young men and women of all ages to be proud of their nation and its creators, and those who came after them to make this nation great; an iron-clad Generation Y whose strength at the dawn of this new millenium shall be leave a lasting impression, and whose prevalence of particularly intelligent and invaluable young men and women are of no shortage.

I believe that my loneliness originated from the same fearful roots as Gangsterism. Gangsterism is a group mentality meant to have safety in numbers and protect one-another from outside threats while committing crimes in order to further yourself financially and socially. I did none of these things. In fact, I had led quite an Aspergerian life. I know- I feel the oppressive grip of loneliness; the all-consuming hold of inability to relate to the outside world. However in quite the opposite way, unlike those of Gangsterist faith, I have turned inward; looking to myself for all I would logically need. My emotions however, were not so logical. My personality was that of a dependent addict. I was addicted to love. I was addicted to people. I was addicted to the people on whom I'd come to depend for the large duration of my teenage years. There were five people who had the unfortunate hardship of my unwanted affection. And had to bear the hardship of five about-faces; each social and emotional rejection more emotionally crippling than the last. I realize now that to be dependent on another is to be setting yourself up for downfall; because you can be sure that eventually, they're not going to be so depending on you.

I know the feelings of being an outsider. As I hope to, one day, go from an outsider, to the voice of the United States of America, all who are disenfranchised can join me in my struggle against the virtually unassailable parasites of both the upper and lower classes; those who would work us to death and have an excess of money they don't need, and at the same time, those who would strip us of our savings, raping our families and our heritage. The corrupt businessman and politician and the gangster alike are the same wolf with different fur. It is time for the end of an era and the beginning of one anew; with our great millenial generation, we can rise up and shape the nation and the world as we need it to be for our very survival. We are no longer alone.

And yet, there arises the issue of what to do with those who have turned their powers to a more destructive facet- namely the perpetuation of Gangsterism and by extension terrorism; which is allowed to continue in the minds of impressionable young men and women everyday in our United States of America. Gangsterism is a disease spreading vastly rapidly, and there seems no end in sight but its complete takeover of the identity of our nation and our having to assimilate into its violent collective, or the evolution of our nation, truly into "One nation"; and the total destruction of the gangster identity forever.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2010, 12:07 am

I live in Australia.

The TV shows for kids and teens feature local young people wearing sideways baseball caps and waving their arms around and making odd finger signs while shouting "YO".

Now I ask you. Why should it be "cool" for young white Australians to act like they are brain dead Bloods or Crips from some inner-city slum in America?

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

30 Aug 2010, 12:41 am

Wombat wrote:
I live in Australia.

The TV shows for kids and teens feature local young people wearing sideways baseball caps and waving their arms around and making odd finger signs while shouting "YO".

Now I ask you. Why should it be "cool" for young white Australians to act like they are brain dead Bloods or Crips from some inner-city slum in America?

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe the same reason why they think it's "Cool" here. As for me, I think it looks ridiculous. Their trousers descend in public on a daily basis and there's been enough of it. Oh and also the mere culture of it all perpetuates drug trade, violence and acts against the State and first and foremost, they pose a threat to the non-"Gangsta!" citizens of the United States.

Desurage
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Jan 2015, 10:42 am

People like and do pretty annoying things. Look at the clown posse group. The first time I met a juggalo online I was confused, intimidated, and disgusted. Thats essentially what they want it seems. They are not intelligent, not emotionally aware, they simply revel in the idea of chaos that they worship.
I think its hard enough to find something you like, people you enjoy being around, that I can't begrudge them that life so long at they aren't being too obnoxious. The fact is that society is a shared thing and there are always people you aren't going to like.

Oh, and most gangs are the result of the inner city where personal alienation is stock high and individuals just get pulled into groups and then violence becoming a direct result.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2015, 5:29 pm

In my area seems like there is more stonerism than gangsterism I hear a bit about gang issues here and there but usually the focus is more the futile effort to stop adolescents/teens from smoking pot, though kind of depends on the areas there are some more gang heavy areas where you want to watch your back or just avoid if you can. But just does not seem most young people around Denver are striving for a gangster image. I ride the bus and walk to get around I am more likely to see guys wearing skinny jeans than baggy pants half way down their a**.