Aspergers - NT says "Fake whiny white people disease?&q

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 7:52 am

Where does this braindead piece of crap live?

I want to beat his head in until he'll have AS too. I don't care if he is 6'2 and 120kg, you say that to my face, you are going DOWN.

Ok...I didn't mean it. Just very annoyed at this piece of bigotry.

Last edited by mechanicalgirl39 on 31 Aug 2010, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

DenvrDave
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 9:04 am

I think there are far more fake, whiny NTs in the world...just go down to the department of motor vehicles or even the grocery store and wait in line for an hour and you'll hear enough fake whining NTs to last a lifetime :roll:

tenzinsmom
Toucan
Toucan

31 Aug 2010, 1:38 pm

Why do we tend to dwell on the negative and ridiculous stuff people say?

Does some part of you worry that this is true?

Or, are you close with this person and feel misunderstood and hurt?

This person is COMPLETELY ignorant about autism. Period.

As most people without it or not in relationship with someone with it, are.

It was a stupid, insensitive thing to say.

I would evaluate if you really want this person in your life.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 1:44 pm

Why do so many people equate ignorance with genius?

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

PHISHA51
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2010, 2:14 pm

foreveryoung wrote:
That's what an NT told me. Said that you either have autism or you don't, and aspergers is just for whiny white people who are outcasts but want to feel important so they give themselves a label. Is there any truth to this?

If its just one NT that it really dosen't matter what his or her opinion is. I'm black and have and ASD BTW, so I just proven the theory wrong already :afro:

ElfMusic
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2010, 6:30 pm

You're either blind or you aren't. Nearsightedness is a made-up disorder for people who want attention, or because wearing glasses is the cool thing to do now. [/snark]

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 8:31 pm

AngelRho wrote:
I wouldn't dare say AS is a fake, whiny, white person disease.

However...

I do think that there are frequently such things as fake, whiny, white people.

I wonder if perhaps such a thing has ever been labeled. It could be it's own spectrum disorder: FWWPD.

:lol:

How about fake, whiny, immature, children-in-adult-bodies-with-a-sense-of-entitlement-who-think-they-know-everything-disorder? = FWICIABWASOEWTTKED

I'd say at least half the population has that.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 4:52 am

MrXxx wrote:
ScottyN wrote:
Just ask someone to try and "fake" this for even 24 hours.

Now, there's a creative response. Challenge everyone who thinks it's fake to go ahead and fake it, then try convincing anyone, professional or on the spectrum, they really have it. Beauty!

Great point. This CANNOT be faked. Not for long anyway.

I, in turn, think it could be easily faked by someone who read a lot about the symptoms - even a professional could be convinced by the faker that he or she indeed has it if this person put a lot of effort into it, describing their symptoms and difficulties they cause them.

AS is something which one who doesn't have it, can't pretend without having the knowledge on what exactly the symptoms are. Even someone just trying to convince themselves that they have it, not having any reasons to really believe they do have AS, would have a really hard time trying to come up with the examples of the AS behaviors in them. I always knew that I was different in many respects - that my emotional responses to some situations were unlike those of other people, for example, or that I had difficulties in such fields normal people find easy, just a piece of cake. But I had no idea that all those things could be connected in some way, having just one reason hiding beyond all of them.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:00 am

Haha, this could be true for some people actually, I've come across a few on the internet before.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:09 am

Quote:
I, in turn, think it could be easily faked by someone who read a lot about the symptoms - even a professional could be convinced by the faker that he or she indeed has it if this person put a lot of effort into it, describing their symptoms and difficulties they cause them

Well that says more about how we try to categorise and instill medical standards of diagnosis into behaviours which are open to subjective interpretation.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 6:10 am

BTW

I love DIY Diagnosticians. Sod having 5 years trainning 10 years experiance in practice. In 5 minutes you can read anything up on a wikkipedia and be the so called expert. Conjecture the tool of the 'tard

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 9:03 am

Francis wrote:
HHmm. Lets see. Should I believe the uneducated opinion of a know it all kid? Or should I believe a world wide network of highly educated medical professions? I'm going to go with the world wide network of highly educated medical professionals.
That wasn't too tough of a decision.

And anyways. If you have aspergers you are autistic.

Thank you.

That's why it's called autistic spectrum disorder. Some are more severe than others. I personally get a bit peeved when people make remarks like this. I feel like whipping out my formal diagnosis sheet and showing them that it's legit. But I realize that those who make such remarks are so ignorant that they wouldn't believe me anyway. Anywho, don't let it get you down. Those people are just jerks. :/

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 10:57 am

Laz wrote:
BTW

I love DIY Diagnosticians. Sod having 5 years trainning(sic) 10 years experiance(sic) in practice. In 5 minutes you can read anything up on a wikkipedia(sic) and be the so called expert. Conjecture the tool of the 'tard(sic)

Lol thank you for that helping of utter ignorance.

I have yet to meet a self diagnosed person who thinks they are an expert. The ones I know are all overwhelmingly perfectly reasonable and humble people. They self diagnose because their symptoms match the ones on the list. Since AS is not something you can run a blood test for and find out for sure if you have some degree of it or you don't, I think that's reasonable. If you have had something all your life and you find out there is a disorder that exactly matches your own symptoms, right down to the last little detail, it's reasonable to give yourself a working diagnosis of that disorder. If you have one blue eye and one red-gold one, can I smack you around the head for being so arrogant as to diagnose yourself with heterochromia? :D

Let's not forget that professional diagnosticians can be asshats. I've talked to people on here and other AS sites who have been given not just two but three different diagnoses by these 'people who know best'. Can you blame people for self diagnosing when the diagnostic procedures are so fuzzy and variable?

Another point is that you shouldn't fall into the trap of thinking that a diagnosis is an urgent number one priority. For a 4 or 5 year old, for whom early assistance might mean a great deal, yeah, it is. For an adult who has already grown up with this thing and learned to deal with it, a diagnosis is a) for the most part, a piece of paper and b) obtaining one is a big old ordeal that is more trouble than it is worth. I'd like one. It's probably the wise option. I might need accommodations at some point if I get a new job, and a diagnosis sheet carries more weight than 'Well, I have Asperger traits, and I suffer from X and Y and Z...No, sir, I don't know if I actually have it...'. But right now, I'd have to somehow make my way halfway across the damn country, and pay a whole shedload that I don't have.

So please...use your brain before you spit acid.

IndispensablePG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Sep 2010, 2:27 pm

Laz wrote:
BTW

I love DIY Diagnosticians. Sod having 5 years trainning 10 years experiance in practice. In 5 minutes you can read anything up on a wikkipedia and be the so called expert. Conjecture the tool of the 'tard

mechanicalgirl39 is a moron for thinking self-diagnosing is okay.

But hey, according to them, every autistic spaz on welfare is a rocket scientist. Granted some AS lot are smarter than others, but the majority of them aren't special, let's be real honest here. Those who do think this way are deluding themselves because they CAN'T handle the reality that they're an average bum like everyone else, or less than average.

I have no qualms with this attitude, and neither should you. I know I ain't no Einstein. Who gives a f**k - we're thick in our own way.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:57 pm

Irulan wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
ScottyN wrote:
Just ask someone to try and "fake" this for even 24 hours.

Now, there's a creative response. Challenge everyone who thinks it's fake to go ahead and fake it, then try convincing anyone, professional or on the spectrum, they really have it. Beauty!

Great point. This CANNOT be faked. Not for long anyway.

I, in turn, think it could be easily faked by someone who read a lot about the symptoms - even a professional could be convinced by the faker that he or she indeed has it if this person put a lot of effort into it, describing their symptoms and difficulties they cause them.

AS is something which one who doesn't have it, can't pretend without having the knowledge on what exactly the symptoms are. Even someone just trying to convince themselves that they have it, not having any reasons to really believe they do have AS, would have a really hard time trying to come up with the examples of the AS behaviors in them. I always knew that I was different in many respects - that my emotional responses to some situations were unlike those of other people, for example, or that I had difficulties in such fields normal people find easy, just a piece of cake. But I had no idea that all those things could be connected in some way, having just one reason hiding beyond all of them.

Did you miss my closing sentence? "Not for long anyway"

Sure, there may be some who could fake it for a while if they read enough about it, but I don't believe anyone could pull it off for a life time. Sooner or later their true self will come through.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 3:35 pm

IndispensablePG wrote:
Laz wrote:
BTW

mechanicalgirl39 is a moron for thinking self-diagnosing is okay.

But hey, according to them, every autistic spaz on welfare is a rocket scientist. Granted some AS lot are smarter than others, but the majority of them aren't special, let's be real honest here. Those who do think this way are deluding themselves because they CAN'T handle the reality that they're an average bum like everyone else, or less than average.

I have no qualms with this attitude, and neither should you. I know I ain't no Einstein. Who gives a f**k - we're thick in our own way.

Calling me a moron is not a substitute for addressing my points.

Fail.