Is sex only for two people who love each other?

Page 10 of 12 [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Yes and I am a man. 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
No and I am a man. 43%  43%  [ 40 ]
Yes and I am a woman. 14%  14%  [ 13 ]
No and I am a woman. 28%  28%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 94

Sowlowsolo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Sep 2010, 1:30 pm

dynastus wrote:
Ok let's see it relatively 25% of the men voted yes against 30,43% of the women...
Women you dissapoint me again

I didn't understand that. What/who are you disappointed with? And why?

Cricket2731
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Sep 2010, 10:41 pm

Sex is a gift from the Goddess & is meant to be shared.

The urge to reproduce is one of the strongest instincts there is.

Celibacy may work for some, & I'm happy for those who CHOOSE that lifestyle.

However, to have it forced upon you by one circumstance or another really sucks. (I know--my husband cut me off 12 yrs ago. Our religious differences had nothing to it; he was "in love with" his job! HONEST! So, he gave me the green light to "go hunting". I have 1 or 2 Friends-With-Privileges who can take care of the "itch"; but it's not quite the same.)

True love is more than sex. It's a long-term commitment & sincere loyalty.

If you are lucky enuff to lose yr virginity to someone you really care for & about, that's a bonus. I lost mine to my father (a pedophile) when I was 12. My husband's uncle took him to the local brothel for his 15th birthday. No romance there! *sigh*

bigdave
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 11:00 pm

I think it depends on the person. I have had sex with complete strangers and after we were done we never saw or talked to each other. The sex was decent but not nearly as good as with the person I love. I think that with love sex is completely different. I am madly in love with my girlfriend and the sex is completely amazing and mind blowing. I felt a connection to her from the moment I met her and I think that is what makes it so good. I think that love increases the passion and intensity of sex.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 12:13 am

Cricket2731 wrote:
Sex is a gift from the Goddess & is meant to be shared.

The urge to reproduce is one of the strongest instincts there is.

Celibacy may work for some, & I'm happy for those who CHOOSE that lifestyle.

However, to have it forced upon you by one circumstance or another really sucks.

Cricket2731 you are probably one of the few decent human beings that I know.

Silverweed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Sep 2010, 11:21 pm

Quote:

Not necessarily. But I dislike the concept of sex being a crass status thing -- like, getting laid solely for the sake of proving self worth (as this woman on Craigslist seems to want for her son).

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 5:22 am

Silverweed wrote:
Quote:

Not necessarily. But I dislike the concept of sex being a crass status thing -- like, getting laid solely for the sake of proving self worth (as this woman on Craigslist seems to want for her son).

You know, I was just asking myself that very question. Why do people assume that a person's desire to have sex is just a "crass status thing". I am not seeing that "crass status thing" at all in that mother's request. Their are numerous reasons a person would want sex.

For instance my reference point for sex is something along the lines of "Halle Berry's uncut Sex Scene in Monsters Ball" Google it. Halle Berry character says she "just wants to feel good" and I believe her.

So I frankly don't understand how you could make the assumption that his mother wanting sex for him is just a crass status thing, when you consider the kind of impact that sex can have (in light of the sex scene video- which realistically depicts the kind of sex that I have sometime overheard when I was in college). Please explain to me how you could possibly make that assumption?

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 5:54 am

YES!

Sex is only for two people who love each other!!

But of course, more men WOULD say no.... :lmao: :lmao:

Silverweed

12 Sep 2010, 11:32 am

Quote:
It makes no sense to have sex for fun, just like it makes no sense to eat for fun.

So you're saying that you never eat certain foods just because they taste good to you? Do you not believe in enjoyment, period?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:40 am

hyperlexian wrote:
in the quote you posted, JohnisBlind, the word 'disturbed' is completely absent. did you skip part of that person's reply, or are you drawing your own conclusions?
JohnisBlind, since you have returned, maybe you could answer the question i asked?

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

hyperlexian wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
in the quote you posted, JohnisBlind, the word 'disturbed' is completely absent. did you skip part of that person's reply, or are you drawing your own conclusions?
JohnisBlind, since you have returned, maybe you could answer the question i asked?

Quote:
Frankly I am quite disturbed by this request, and I do wonder if it is a troll or a real mother, however lets give her the benefit of the doubt.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:55 am

JohnisBlind wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Quote:
Frankly I am quite disturbed by this request, and I do wonder if it is a troll or a real mother, however lets give her the benefit of the doubt.
that is not in the answer of the OP from the answers forum... ? you suggested that the answerer to the original question had said that they found it disturbing... but it was the mother herself?

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:57 am

hyperlexian wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Quote:
that is not in the OP... ? you suggested that the answerer to the original question had said that they found it disturbing...

Look at the OP again. I just cut and pasted.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:58 am

JohnisBlind wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
You are kind of right. I try even though I know I will fail. Its better than asking the question in the adult forum.

I think its still fair to say that the majority of people don't believe that sex is only for people who love each other.

I was trying to figure out how this guys reaction to craig's mom was as actually as supported as he seemed to think.

but... the poster did not claim that his answer was supported by lots of people. he stated that it was due to his own moral code. unless you only offered a portion of the original text. from your OP, this is what the answerer stated:

JohnisBlind wrote:
I’m going to give an answer she was not hoping for but I feel that due to my moral code its the answer I’m going to have to give. Sex is for two people who deeply love each other, and it involves a lot of risks (STD’s, pregnancy, being seen naked, etc) and requires a lot of trust between both partners. Sex is not something that should be used as a fling to meet an ‘itch’. I really think you should help your son pursue meaningful relationships – not pursue sex. Teaching him to pursue sex will give him the wrong idea about relationships, about woman and could damage him and future relationship possibilities even more.

Now I’m sure your saying, “My son can’t have relationships.” Yes, your son can – many other people with Aspergers have great and happy relationships. It takes a bit of work and someone special as a partner – but its worth it. I know this from experience.

if you want to know what our moral codes actually are here on WP, i think we need more choices. just because approximately 75% of people, on this specific poll, on WP, may disagree does not make the answerer wrong, as he was speaking about his own beliefs.

Actually what he said was was that he was "disturbed" by the question. Is he disturbed by the majority of people then?
the answerer idn't say he was disturbed. it was the questioner. very different situation.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 11:59 am

JohnisBlind wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Quote:
that is not in the OP... ? you suggested that the answerer to the original question had said that they found it disturbing...

yeah, it was in the question portion, not the answer portion. i reworded my response.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 12:03 pm

I'm a bit surprised by some of the answers in this thread - as far as I'm concerned sex is for everybody willing to engage in it. Nothing wrong with wanting sex, either, regardless if the reason is love, wanting intimacy or pleasure, even just for mental and physical hygiene - it's a decision each of us is entitled to make for themselves.

JohnisBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 12:03 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
JohnisBlind wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Quote:

yeah, it was in the question portion, not the answer portion. i reworded my response.

The answerer of craig's question was "disturbed."

Does this clear things up?