Page 4 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 5:13 pm

I think it'll be fine. Just make sure there's age-appropriate things for them to do.

momsparky
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:21 pm

It will be fine, my niece had a better time there than the boys did when she dragged them to American Girl Place...but, forewarning: the Lego Store is sensory overload waiting to happen. Every kid is different, of course, but we had a near thing with my 10yo the last time we went there.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 7:00 pm

In my memory, 5 and 6 year old girls are pretty game to try things. Is this one of the stores where the pieces are sorted by size, shape and type? Places like that are really a building paradise! The Belleville Lego sets are also really nice for girls. I think you do the birthday party your child wants, and tell the girl's parents what the plan is. If a girl isn't going to be game, she won't go, simple as that - but I'm pretty sure they'll be game. My daughter has done all sorts of things at parties for her male friends; there are no taboos against girls playing nerf wars, like there are against boys doing tea parties, after all ;)

number5
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 8:10 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
In my memory, 5 and 6 year old girls are pretty game to try things. Is this one of the stores where the pieces are sorted by size, shape and type? Places like that are really a building paradise! The Belleville Lego sets are also really nice for girls. I think you do the birthday party your child wants, and tell the girl's parents what the plan is. If a girl isn't going to be game, she won't go, simple as that - but I'm pretty sure they'll be game. My daughter has done all sorts of things at parties for her male friends; there are no taboos against girls playing nerf wars, like there are against boys doing tea parties, after all ;)

What a great idea! My daughter would LOVE a nerf war party :D