Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 10:08 pm

Since I have no way of knowing whether I can bond with another person, like in a relationship, I wonder whether if anyone finally does express an interest, whether I'd just be 'going along with it' and not really knowing it.

I have a history of "going along with things" (not relationships though; these have never happened), so I have to wonder if I'm going to have to try to find a way to figure out what's going on. I have a feeling it would take ages for me to figure out whether I could 'love' someone else, or whether I was even capable of that level of affection. But I can see myself 'going along with' some guy that might potentially see me as a partner just out of curiosity. Whether I had any actual attraction to him or not.

See, the affections I hold for any person are all the same. There is no difference. Even the 'feelings' I have for a fictitious giant transforming robot (in place of a relationship since none ever materialized) isn't any different than the affection I have for family or regular friends. So I don't believe I'll know whether I 'love' a person romantically.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 10:54 pm

If you are naturally affectionate towards everyone you know, it might be necessary for you to give the other person a stronger indication that you like them like asking them out yourself or maybe just asking them if they're interested in a relationship. You'll just have to think of how you want to send the message.

As far as knowing for yourself whether it is romantic or not, do you have any past feelings you can compare this to?

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:10 pm

MDD123 wrote:
If you are naturally affectionate towards everyone you know, it might be necessary for you to give the other person a stronger indication that you like them like asking them out yourself or maybe just asking them if they're interested in a relationship. You'll just have to think of how you want to send the message.

*shrugs* Maybe general affection is enough for the purpose? I don't know.

MDD123 wrote:
As far as knowing for yourself whether it is romantic or not, do you have any past feelings you can compare this to?

Not really. The strongest sensations I get that are ever associated with affection is intense anxiety. But I don't think that's normal.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:55 pm

There are different ways of showing affection too, you may want to ask yourself whether or not you want to be physically close (making out) or you may have to write your exact feelings towards this person down (I know, easier said than done).

Also, would you want something from them to demonstrate an equal interest? Do you want him to kiss you, write you a letter, or just tell you straight up that he has romantic feelings for you?

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 12:58 am

MDD123 wrote:
There are different ways of showing affection too, you may want to ask yourself whether or not you want to be physically close (making out) or you may have to write your exact feelings towards this person down (I know, easier said than done).

Also, would you want something from them to demonstrate an equal interest? Do you want him to kiss you, write you a letter, or just tell you straight up that he has romantic feelings for you?

Letters are stupid. I like to be told straightup.

I don't know why, but the idea of being kissed really doesn't appeal to me.

The thing is I know how to demonstrate affection, and have no problem with demonstrating it if it is consented to (I've never been kissed but I am pretty sure I don't like it, bleah).

I just want to be sure that if some guy actually does get feelings for me, that it will be fair to him.