Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 6:38 pm

:cry: awww! Poor piggy... My cheeky is currently sleeping in her cozy...Demi( Demitrious) is currently in the pigloo...

chamoisee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 9:18 pm

Ohhhhh.... I used to LOVE guinea piga as a child. I was absolutely obsessed with them. They were virtually the only thing I would draw a picture of or write a story about...and I was especially bad about mimicking their squealy sounds. Imagine my distress when I developed a serious allergy to them and had to give mine away. :-( :-( :-(

Now I'm the same way about my goaties...(whom I have also becoem somewhat allergic to), but when I see a guinea pig in a pet store, I can't help walking over and 'talking' to it....until the uncontrollable sneezing starts. :-( They are such wonderful, lovable animals. I don't know why they aren't more popular.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 10:23 pm

I was sooooooo annoyed the other day when at petsmart they had two sections of guinea pigs, one labled female guinea pigs and the other Long-hair hampsters.... :x

I'm not really good at drawing pig pics, but I'm VERY obsessed w/ finding stuff on them! They are adorable!! !

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 11:32 pm

I have rats - rats are the best pocket animal companions on the earth!

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2004, 11:43 pm

I REALLY wanted a rat, for the longest time.I would p,ay with the class rat in sixth grade, but, I decided on Guinea pigs, because you HAVE to get them a companion. please, when rats are excited they pee....alot.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 3:20 am

I'm hoping to get a pair of guinea pigs soon. I want to raise the money for a really nice habitat big enough for two though.

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 3:31 am

I've got pet rats: 2 adult males and 2 adult females + 10 babies. My little black and white mama rat had 13 babies 2 weeks ago and now there are 10. They are just opening their eyes and they are so cuute.

You would be amazed at how many people will say pet rats are disgusting but they are usually very friendly. They don't pee on you as much as mice do. I used to have mice but the summers up here are too hot for them unless you have airconditioning (which I don't). Rats seem to be more hardy.

I wanted to get a guinea pig when I was little and even arranged with a friend at school to get one. Unfortunately, I was out when it arrived and only dad was at home and he got really angry and told the girl to take it back.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 10:57 am

When I was 5 my cousins had a ferret and I had one of those hot dog dogs. One of them thought the ferret would pick on my dog but that kind of dogs bred to hunt badgers so he tried to kill the ferret when they met. :(

pizzaboss
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 11:58 am

I used to have a guinea pig.

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2005, 12:26 pm

We had a gunine pig but the dog didn't like it. Now we have two rats. They make good pets.

BeeBee

Feather
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Jul 2005, 9:02 am

I had several guinea pigs when I was a kid. They're great pets! Love the way they squeal when they hear you coming to talk to them or feed them. Also had rabbits and birds. I still keep birds :)

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2005, 10:57 am

That brought a smile to my face, Feather! I had a guinue pig when I was young also. That pig learned that his food was in the frig. Everytime the door was opened he would squeal and run around like a wild man. It was so cute we would reward him by giving him food which just reinforced the association the frig = food. Maybe that's why I never warmed to this lastest one...it had less personality.

BeeBee

KtMcS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Jul 2005, 1:55 pm

now just Squeak left :( she seems fairly happy though. one thing we discovered when the other one died is that all this time it has been Squeak making all the noise! Squeak by name, squeak by nature

Sonas càirdeas

SOK
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2005, 2:03 pm

I like guinee pigs, but dont have one, the cat would probably kill it.