Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1427 of 2061 [ 32975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1424, 1425, 1426, 1427, 1428, 1429, 1430 ... 2061  Next

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 7:52 pm

Swallow tailed butterflies on the wee scarlet star glories.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2019, 8:52 pm

Starbucks

Bowel movement

Aikido

Rolando Morales penis was not as annoying as usual

Someone hung out with me. Last week she went with her sister after. And I was paranoid from then on just because her sister was in the building she would ignore me.

Although this is my only "friend" :roll: , she's kind of annoying

bhawk
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Aug 2019, 9:45 pm

Had a lovely meal with the in-laws, although we do this frequently, its rare to get both my partners brother and his lass and also my partners twin sister all together at the same time.
Then after my partner went to work i popped over to my best friends and he's just got a new bird, so i was giving her a good looking over and she looks like she'll be a good worker, big, steady and very good shape.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 12:35 am

Someone screamed at me from a car, "Remember that you are beautiful!"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 1:33 am

caThar4G wrote:
Someone screamed at me from a car, "Remember that you are beautiful!"

there ya go :star:

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 9:04 am

Seeing my feral kitties, always a great way to begin the day

Denis Istomin in qualifying round for the U.S. Open, which starts this coming Sunday

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 11:34 am

I am relaxing the rest of the day. To hell with my mom.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2019, 11:37 am

My boy purring beside me.

bhawk

19 Aug 2019, 2:51 pm

today i visited a local farmer who farms bison and red deer. Struck a deal and tomorrow im going to pick up some good fresh meat. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Spent some time with my lass, now shes gone to work, ive fed all the animals and now its time to relax with the dogs on the sofa

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 12:16 am

Feeling warmth from the bus (back seat).

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 3:04 am

caThar4G wrote:

Nice. What sort of bus? Any idea what make? Rear engined bus or front engined bus? Could be a rear engined bus if it is nice and warm at the back.

My great grandfather was a coachbuilder and his family used to build carriages for the royal family. When horse drawn carriages became less popular, they turned to designing and building double decker busses. They had to be made to lean 23 1/2 degrees before they went over.

I never recall meeting my great grandfather as he lived in England, though I was told he once was brought down here to visit by my grandad when I was very young. I did used to write to him a couple of times a year.

red_doghubb
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Aug 2019, 9:39 am

I am being promoted to a position created with my personage and particular niche experience in mind. I was able to leverage my employer's desperation to dictate my working terms and pay. It doesn't get much better than someone pounding on your door with a job on a platter.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 10:28 am

Coffee and kitty.

caThar4G
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 10:58 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
caThar4G wrote:

Nice. What sort of bus? Any idea what make? Rear engined bus or front engined bus? Could be a rear engined bus if it is nice and warm at the back.

My great grandfather was a coachbuilder and his family used to build carriages for the royal family. When horse drawn carriages became less popular, they turned to designing and building double decker busses. They had to be made to lean 23 1/2 degrees before they went over.

I never recall meeting my great grandfather as he lived in England, though I was told he once was brought down here to visit by my grandad when I was very young. I did used to write to him a couple of times a year.

Interesting, about your family building carriages. I want to go back to old school (horses).
I'm not sure what make. It has some sort of vent in the back though.
Do they still build buses?

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 12:09 pm

I think my great grandad stopped building busses around the 1950's. He did the coach bodies. I am guessing the busses came to him in the form of driveable chassis and he built the rest?

He had had a heart attack when he was 22. After he came out of WW1 he had a medical and he was found to be blind in his left eye and he never knew as he had been blind since birth. He lived until he was 98. He had a brilliant mind and was still winning crossword competitions when he was 96.

Teach51
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2019, 12:19 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
caThar4G wrote:

Awesome MG!