Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1242 of 2062 [ 32977 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1239, 1240, 1241, 1242, 1243, 1244, 1245 ... 2062  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 4:41 pm

Welcome back, WitchsCat!

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 5:01 pm

Thanks. I had been going through some stuff, but it is over now, and I can relax.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 6:48 pm

@Lone, @Tem: rockatoo cockatoo.

Made me remember Weird Al's masterpiece:

"Another One Rides The Bus"

Riding in the bus down the boulevard
And the place was pretty packed (Yeah!)
Couldn't find a seat so I had to stand
With the perverts in the back
It was smelling like a locker room
There was junk all over the floor
We're already packed in like sardines
But we're stopping to pick up more, look out

[Chorus]
Another one rides the bus
Another comes on and another comes on
Another comes on and another comes on
Hey, he's gonna sit by you

There's a suitcase poking me in the ribs
There's an elbow in my ear
There's a smelly old bum standing next to me
Hasn't showered in a year
I think I'm missing a contact lens
I think my wallet's gone
And I think this bus is stopping again
To let a couple more get on look out

[Chorus]

Another one rides the bus ow
Another one rides the bus hey hey
Another one rides the bus hey-ey-ey-ey ey ey eyyyyyy

The window doesn't open and the fan is broke
And my face is turning blue (Yeah)
I haven't been in a crowd like this
Since I went to see the Who
Well I should've got off a couple miles ago
But I couldn't get to the door
There isn't any room for me to breathe
And now we're gonna pick up more yeaaah

[chorus]

:-) ah, the good old days.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 7:23 pm

That's funny :lol:

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2018, 10:00 pm

they finally put a trash bin at my street!! ! i live here since 2014, there used to be one in a square nearby but they took it off already in 2014. so i needed to put my trash out in the street, it was bad because sometimes i missed the trash truck time or it got delayed.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:12 am

I stayed in the wheelchair for almost 4 hours, I’m getting use to steering the wheelchair, but it dirty on your hands :( with things I touch, I wish I have hand sanitizer. In the wheelchair, I went to the Creative Room, I stayed in there a long time, I went back to the hospital room when it was lunch time,it gotten a little overwhelmed & I was tired, I was going back to the Creative Room for bingo, but I got tired in the wheelchair,my leg was uncomfortable too.

Do people here use air lift to get back into the hospital beds?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 9:04 am

coffee.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 10:42 am

My dog :heart:

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 11:06 am

After a thunderstorm this morning, I see two Leopard Slugs on the lawn in what appears to be a pre-courtship ritual. :heart: These little hermaphrodites are quite romantic beings. Read their Wikipedia for more information. :)

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 12:01 pm

made my first sourdough bread and it came out really nice!! !

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 1:04 pm

^Yummy, I love homemade sourdough bread.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 1:45 pm

I have a new ceiling fan! and the guy who installed it for me has a teenage son who sometimes tags along when school is out. He asked if it was OK for his son to come along, and I said he was welcome. Dad has helped me before, previously told me Son has some special needs (ADHD) and can be a bit talkative, so he asked if I was sure it was OK; I said fine no bother.

We got along like a house on fire, the young man isn't just ADHD, he's ASD, we just sat at the kitchen island and chatted away about all kinds of stuff without worrying about eye contact, while Dad did his thing in total astonishment. Kid got happier and happier. Apparently this doesn't happen very often for him, which is a shame. My house is very quiet, because I have ASD myself, and I use dabs of mint oil on paper towels to keep my inside wastebaskets fresh, which isn't overwhelming but is pleasant. The young man felt really at ease and not at all overloaded.

No, I didn't disclose, I don't know them well enough, but I did tell them both that Son is welcome to tag along with Dad any time they need to. I'm about the same age as his grandmothers, and that was the type of interaction we had. Very nice surprise in what's otherwise been a kind of sucky week, and I was glad to make a fellow Aspie feel welcome and heard. Even if he doesn't know I'm in the tribe :-).

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Ms.Berg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:02 pm

How nice Esmeralda! Loved that story! :)

Today I received a package and had simply forgotten I had ordered the audio book of C.J. Sansom`s Heartstone. So it turned out as a nice surprise for myself :) I enjoy his books very much and now I am looking forward for tonight when I will start listening to it.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:13 pm

^ :-)

I'm looking for new fiction authors and will Google this person. (I tend to favor a few genres, and this is a new name to me.)

Glad you got a pleasant surprise.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:22 pm

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
I have a new ceiling fan! and the guy who installed it for me has a teenage son who sometimes tags along when school is out. He asked if it was OK for his son to come along, and I said he was welcome. Dad has helped me before, previously told me Son has some special needs (ADHD) and can be a bit talkative, so he asked if I was sure it was OK; I said fine no bother.

We got along like a house on fire, the young man isn't just ADHD, he's ASD, we just sat at the kitchen island and chatted away about all kinds of stuff without worrying about eye contact, while Dad did his thing in total astonishment. Kid got happier and happier. Apparently this doesn't happen very often for him, which is a shame. My house is very quiet, because I have ASD myself, and I use dabs of mint oil on paper towels to keep my inside wastebaskets fresh, which isn't overwhelming but is pleasant. The young man felt really at ease and not at all overloaded.

No, I didn't disclose, I don't know them well enough, but I did tell them both that Son is welcome to tag along with Dad any time they need to. I'm about the same age as his grandmothers, and that was the type of interaction we had. Very nice surprise in what's otherwise been a kind of sucky week, and I was glad to make a fellow Aspie feel welcome and heard. Even if he doesn't know I'm in the tribe :-).

You are a sweetheart Esmeralda.

Once, I had to go get supplies at a school for autistic children. There was a boy there who was mute. Had to wait for the supplies to arrive, and I sat with the boy for a while. Started talking about my imagination, worlds I created and characters. Treated him like an adult. He was fascinated and listened carefully to what I was sharing. When the supplies arrived, I had to go. Before I left, a tiny voice asked "Name?" He asked my name, and I told him my name. Everyone was astonished because he had never spoken a word to anyone there. A magical moment.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2018, 2:43 pm

What? No. It was a gift to me even more than to them :-)

I was looking for a different .gif to celebrate your meeting of the minds moment, and that's what it was, yeah! but this was just too damn cute to pass up.