Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1724 of 2061 [ 32975 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1721, 1722, 1723, 1724, 1725, 1726, 1727 ... 2061  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 4:40 pm

blazingstar wrote:
^ Very interesting. I’m glad you have found some relief from the pain. I’m super happy today because I found some wild guava fruiting near my pond. Delicious!

i don't think i've ever had wild guava before, is it similar to the kind that is in stores? my body parts seem to be taking turns as to which one will ouch me today. :| now it is plantar fasciitis. frustrating in light of my hips finally letting me walk again.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 4:49 pm

AB, your electrical treatments ARE fascinating. i am so glad they help.

youtube has some good exercises to gradually relieve plantar fasciitis. one is to use your hands to gently pull your foot up toward you to stretch the fascia. another is to freeze a full water bottle and roll that with your foot for a few minutes for double duty: stretch and decreased inflammation. there are others.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 4:56 pm

cathylynn wrote:

youtube has some good exercises to gradually relieve plantar fasciitis. one is to use your hands to gently pull your foot up toward you to stretch the fascia. another is to freeze a full water bottle and roll that with your foot for a few minutes for double duty: stretch and decreased inflammation. there are others.

i have been doing those exercises as best i can. what i really need is a way to find out if it is not a heel spur instead.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 6:28 pm

auntblabby wrote:
cathylynn wrote:

i have been doing those exercises as best i can. what i really need is a way to find out if it is not a heel spur instead.

treatment that works for 90% of heel spurs is similar to plantar fasciitis rx: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/h ... treatments

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 6:47 pm

so i guess there is no substitute for a doc's xray visit to determine if what i have is a spur. i was hoping it was a matter of "if pain is above certain level, then it is a spur." the VA makes it very hard to get an ortho or podiatric consult. i do the icing and the exercises and the traction on the affected heel. the orthotics enable me to walk after a fashion. old age [unless one has primo quality genes] is not for sissies.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 7:14 pm

I walked all the way from my house to a pair of train platforms along a popular bus route.

I followed the bus route to the train platforms and boarded a train to a nearby library.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 7:21 pm

I have had plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. For me they were very different. Heel spur was sharp pain in the heel and could not put any pressure on it.

Fasciitis pain goes away after stretching. It hurts worse right when you get up in the morning.

I found rolling the arch over a golf ball was best for plantar fasciitis.

Stick those salonpas patches on your arches when you go to bed.

Wild guavas are much smaller than in the store and very sweet with a bit of tartness.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 7:48 pm

Getting beads and jewelry making supplies in the mail today. I plan to go to a craft show in December, so I will start making them tomorrow.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2021, 8:34 pm

auntblabby wrote:
so i guess there is no substitute for a doc's xray visit to determine if what i have is a spur. i was hoping it was a matter of "if pain is above certain level, then it is a spur." the VA makes it very hard to get an ortho or podiatric consult. i do the icing and the exercises and the traction on the affected heel. the orthotics enable me to walk after a fashion. old age [unless one has primo quality genes] is not for sissies.

amen. :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 12:31 am

blazingstar wrote:
I have had plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. For me they were very different. Heel spur was sharp pain in the heel and could not put any pressure on it. Fasciitis pain goes away after stretching. It hurts worse right when you get up in the morning. I found rolling the arch over a golf ball was best for plantar fasciitis. Stick those salonpas patches on your arches when you go to bed. Wild guavas are much smaller than in the store and very sweet with a bit of tartness.

thank you for the useful info. did you have surgery on the spurs? i heard that surgery hurt a lot afterwards.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:25 am

I'm finally getting new glasses today, having lost mine on 6th of April!! :heart: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy: :nerdy:

#161 days of hell

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:49 am

^^^ :wtg:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:32 am

auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
I have had plantar fasciitis and heel spurs. For me they were very different. Heel spur was sharp pain in the heel and could not put any pressure on it. Fasciitis pain goes away after stretching. It hurts worse right when you get up in the morning. I found rolling the arch over a golf ball was best for plantar fasciitis. Stick those salonpas patches on your arches when you go to bed. Wild guavas are much smaller than in the store and very sweet with a bit of tartness.

thank you for the useful info. did you have surgery on the spurs? i heard that surgery hurt a lot afterwards.

The bone spur was treated with steroid injections into the heel. The shot itself was exceedingly painful, but did not hurt as soon as the shot is over. I had two such injections around 2 weeks apart.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:34 am

It’s raining

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 6:04 am

blazingstar wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

The bone spur was treated with steroid injections into the heel. The shot itself was exceedingly painful, but did not hurt as soon as the shot is over. I had two such injections around 2 weeks apart.

ach. back in 1985 in the army hospital OR i worked in, i sorta remember some poor lady weeping in agony with her elbow steroid shot, and the surgeon was apologizing to her for hurting her. ach. thank you for telling me about your experience.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 7:39 am

Kitty and coffee.