Post something that made you happy today.

Page 1564 of 1568 [ 25082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1561, 1562, 1563, 1564, 1565, 1566, 1567, 1568  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2020, 10:44 pm

My mom did not had any perfectionist fits today. :D

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 9:26 am

Kitty is being so cute. Air conditioning and coffee.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 10:43 am

I thought I was hearing harmonica music.  No one else could hear it, but I could.  I searched all over the office (for a radio, forgotten cell phone, et cetera), and even shone a flashlight into the air-conditioning ducts.

It turned out to be the remains of a bird that had somehow become lodged inside the housing of one of the air-conditioning fans.  Every now and then, a piece of the carcass would slip and make contact with the fan, producing a tone that the duct-work made sound like a harmonica.

The maintenance people are coming this afternoon to inspect the system.  We may get a day or two away from the office for cleaning and sterilization of the entire air-conditioning system!

:mrgreen:

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 3:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
I thought I was hearing harmonica music.  No one else could hear it, but I could.  I searched all over the office (for a radio, forgotten cell phone, et cetera), and even shone a flashlight into the air-conditioning ducts.

It turned out to be the remains of a bird that had somehow become lodged inside the housing of one of the air-conditioning fans.  Every now and then, a piece of the carcass would slip and make contact with the fan, producing a tone that the duct-work made sound like a harmonica.

The maintenance people are coming this afternoon to inspect the system.  We may get a day or two away from the office for cleaning and sterilization of the entire air-conditioning system!

:mrgreen:

Wow! Imagine..

My grandparents had birds in his fan in the top floor but nothing like that happened as far as I know.
There are still birds in that fan-- they fly in and out and always have a nest there.

I wonder whether such a thing happened in their house!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 4:02 pm

when we got a lifting chair for my late father, the warehouse we got it from had a flock of fliers roosting in the rafters, now and then something would spook them and en masse they'd take off and fly to another part of the warehouse. all the furniture was covered in plastic wrap as the birds crapped all over the place. it's a wonder the health department didn't shut them down.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2020, 6:17 pm

how can one prevent such a thing? i can only imagine it would take blatant cruelty. perhaps by shoving all their nests off and shooting them down?

something that made me happy :

weather- it was hot but enough wind that it didn't feel too bad -
clouds (north america has the best clouds in the world, among other things)

my mom sent me 1/2 of the retainer for the lawyer (she costs half that of the first one, who was overpriced i guess cuz people care about clothes/attitude/looks more than substance or didn't know better, having nobody to compare him to)

kids were extremely well-behaved overall

keep thinking about good news i read (e.g. military ppl who helped improve long-term care facilities for residents, and are calling for management change!! !) and it hasn't left my mind yet. i love army people.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 8:51 am

Kitty being so cute. Coffee and strawberries.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 9:30 am

Good weather including a cloudy morning after the rain (now it has become sunny).

Beautiful perfume

Nurse offered me private service for the times I dont get nursing from govt and her rate was v cheap and she even said she would not take more. She was subtly offering to give me money or free help any time I need it but I told her im fine for that
She does it for other people. What a great lady
She even helped a client from China in getting a job...she was proofreading her application this morning and saying it was written so well that it needed no editing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 11:05 am

Nice avatar, Blooie.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 1:30 pm

Tomorrow I am going to a little rural town here that my moms family come from.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 4:10 pm

Our dog came back. He ran away yesterday and we could not find him. We called and called and drove all over. He was out all night. He is very old, white muzzle, arthritic hips. I took him home with me after my sister died. There was a lot of rain last night. But he looks good. Maybe chasing around was a good thing for him. :D He just showed up at the front door this afternoon around 3 pm.

usually hold tighter.

Threnody, Dorothy Parker
as modified by David Tamulovich

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 4:47 pm

Poor Blazie! That must have been tough looking for your dog.

I’m glad he came back home.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2020, 6:21 pm

Blaze, i hope you grounded him ;)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 11:42 am

Fry stand, kitty and coffee

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 11:44 am

Wind.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2020, 5:15 pm

I began working on my next class assignment.