Pistonhead has another good night

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2010, 5:12 am

Went to a muscle car show tonight with my friend Zack, where he pointed out a Z28 Camaro with a Chevrolet 302ci motor. I told him about a month ago that Chevy made a 302 and he told me I was out of my mind and I told him it was on the Z28, found it on wikipedia and convinced him now he's seen one.

Bunch of other cool cars too but the best part was the lawnmower that wouldn't start. It wasn't any ordinary lawnmower, it was owned by the sponsoring shop. The cutting deck was removed, there was a V-twin briggs and stratton motor with no muffler chained to the rear wheels, thing was dropped to the ground, fenders almost cutting into the tires. Amazingly these brilliant professional muscle car restorers stood around trying to start it and I'm whispering to Zack "it has no gas! I can hear it!" and the first thing they do is put a battery charger on it, the second is spray the air filter with starting fluid at which point I tell Zack "this puts new meaning to the question are you spraying tonight?" which for those who don't know is slang for using nitrous oxide, if you watch pass time on speed network this is almost always asked 5+ times a show. Zack thought this line was hilarious of course. We continued to watch as the geniuses finally decide to pour some gas into the gas tank and within about 4 tries after that they manage to start it. Now if only these experts were capable of hearing what my uncertified unemployed young ass can! That thing roared though, it revved like hell and sounded like something much more badass when they really got on it, we're talking like fully built muscle car sounding.