Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

SteamPowerDev
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2010, 1:14 am

Or just an Autistic country.

My friend wanted me to try and figure out how to make a country/city state that is run completely by people on the Autistic Spectrum. Simply a place where everyone who is on the Autism Spectrum is allowed to live and find a place in the society.

However she put down some ground rules for this place.

* Everyone, no matter the degree of functionality, must be able to be somewhat productive in some fashion, even if it is just pooping to make fertilizer .

* The technology is from today, this isn't something in the future where we could have robots that can cook for us.

It doesn't matter how the country was formed. Just how the society would work.

Now my opinion on this is. The society would never work. So, so many different problems. To start, there simply isn't enough people on the Autistic Spectrum, if you use the 1 in 150 birth rate. Roughly for every 300,000 population, there is about 200 people on the Spectrum (that is if I did the math correctly, I was laying on a wood floor trying to fall asleep.)
Anyhow, the population of the Spectrum country would be tiny. Now take into account that not everyone on the spectrum is "high" functioning. Now I don't know the numbers on how many people who are on the Spectrum are "high" "medium" or "low".

In this society, it would fall on the "high" functioners to support and take care of the medium and lower functioners. While there can be jobs for the other two groups, it doesn't take care of the lower functioners. Some need 24 hour monitoring just for the persons safety. Which this means either the higher functioners will need to take care of them, build advance robots or hire outside help.

I don't even know how the government would even function. I am guessing not very well. Even though our brains work logically, we may not always play along with others. Which is how politics works...

Thoughts?

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 10:04 am

It would definitely be an interesting proposal, and what I mean by that is could someone on the spectrum actually establish a country.
As for political, it's hard to say since government requires more than rationale thought.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

Jedd
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Sep 2010, 10:48 am

i'm interested mind it's somewhere where we dont need laws of somewhere else such as the uk or usa if you do this i'd join you

Leekduck
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2010, 1:03 pm

FASCISM!1!11!111!111

no but this is the equivilent of finding a nation exclusively for white people :?

Jedd
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Sep 2010, 11:15 am

if it ever happens can i be head of defence?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:21 am

Leekduck wrote:
FASCISM!1!11!111!111

no but this is the equivilent of finding a nation exclusively for white people :?

Three observations here:

1) It's not really the same thing, because it's a fact that Aspies work better with other Aspies, so such a nation would be likely to work a lot better than an NT society for the Aspies in it.

2) There are many groups *cough* Autism Speaks *cough* who advocate a world without autism, so why can't we advocate a single society without NTs?

3) Not 100% related, but I find it funny that in our over-PC society, there can be MOBO (Music Of Black Origin) awards to celebrate the musical achievements of black people, yet if the same thing were to be started for white artists, it'd be branded racist. I don't get how celebrating the achievements of any race is "racist", so that makes absolutely no logical sense.

Ackman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:57 am

Jedd wrote:
if it ever happens can i be head of defence?

You can be a four star general. As for me, I'll lead the nation's army. My experience dates back to the 1870's.

Jedd
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Sep 2010, 8:58 am

kk u lead the army i'll lead the irregular cavalry...

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 12:30 pm

Can I maintain the made up nation's Linux servers? We can run them on Slackware.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 2:55 am

RaceDrv709 wrote:
Can I maintain the made up nation's Linux servers? We can run them on Slackware.

No, we will buy XServes running OS X! :P

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 8:34 am

SteamPowerDev wrote:
... she put down some ground rules for this place.

* Everyone, no matter the degree of functionality, must be able to be somewhat productive in some fashion, even if it is just pooping to make fertilizer .

* The technology is from today, this isn't something in the future where we could have robots that can cook for us.

It doesn't matter how the country was formed. Just how the society would work.

Altruism would get it done.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 6:30 pm

well then you take into consideration some who have a good grasp on things and would take total control of the state/country
I would totally take full control because I imagine it would be much easier, then build things with cheap labour and then dissolve the state and flee to south america a rich man

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 3:36 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
RaceDrv709 wrote:

No, we will buy XServes running OS X! :P

You go on ahead and use your Macs. I'll run my home server on Slackware.