Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

cmullini
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Sep 2010, 10:04 pm

It hits me the other day that I am shy a BFF these days. In the past I have had maybe one person ,at least, that I could talk to about things going on in my life and about my love relationships. Now my friends are so involved deeply in their own lives and issues and all I have is my partner to talk to.

I have been really struggling lately as I have learned more and more about Aspie traits and continue to identify and relate to so much to what I have been reading. But I have no one to talk to about it.

Perhaps in my lack of a BFF I should try and find a local group or therapist to speak with?

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2010, 10:36 pm

Yes, try an aspie group.

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm

cmullini wrote:
It hits me the other day that I am shy a BFF these days. In the past I have had maybe one person ,at least, that I could talk to about things going on in my life and about my love relationships. Now my friends are so involved deeply in their own lives and issues and all I have is my partner to talk to.

I have been really struggling lately as I have learned more and more about Aspie traits and continue to identify and relate to so much to what I have been reading. But I have no one to talk to about it.

Perhaps in my lack of a BFF I should try and find a local group or therapist to speak with?

Ditto...but I don't have a partner. I'm not great about maintaining any friendships, perhaps especially with women. I journal. Not the same, but it gets it all out of my head at least. You can talk to me about it if you want...but I'm new to the whole Aspie thing (and have been reading a lot also) so not sure I'm the expert you might be looking for.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 1:56 pm

I've never had any friends, let alone a BFF. I'm not sure I'd provide any good advice on getting another best friend, but if you need someone to talk to my ears are open.

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Sep 2010, 5:01 am

I'm in the same boat - only have my partner to talk to about things. Not that he minds, but NTs seems to dump all their problems on to their friends. I feel like all my problems are bottled up and I have to solve them myself.

But I don't trust other people (got burned by bitchiness at school) and don't want to reveal my personal life to what I deem as outsiders.......

UnderINK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Sep 2010, 9:40 pm

I'm in that boat too. I haven't had a "BFF" since I was in kindergarten. I've barely had friends. To boot, I just moved from PA to Michigan, near Detroit, and I don't know *anybody*. =\ Wish there was someone up around here I could hang out with!