How do you feel after having a meltdown?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 5:45 am

I'm just curious because after mine, when I actually do have them, I feel worse because I know people around me see it. It makes me feel really embarrassed sometimes. I often can't control them and they happen without any warning. I always fear them in general and yet at the same time I can't control them so I'm not embarrassed. I was curious of you guys ever feel worse after them because of the sudden embarrassment or fear of what people who are think of you.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Silverweed
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Sep 2010, 9:48 am

The worse the meltdown is, the more embarassed I feel afterwards. It's gotten to a point where I can be somewhat aware of this while the meltdown is actually happening; generally, I can exercise a small amount of self-control over my behavior so that I won't do certain things in the heat of the moment that I'll cringe about later. But this only works sometimes. Obviously, I have my limits.

Oren
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 10:00 am

Sad and feeling maybe my family will love me less, even though I know they know I try to remain level.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 10:18 am

I feel tired and exhausted, and I just want to sleep.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Sep 2010, 10:27 am

I feel tired, and very embarrassed, especially if it was in public and around perfect strangers.

bitsnpcs

10 Sep 2010, 10:30 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

I feel tired too.
Sometimes I also feel very sleepy, repeatedly yawning and balance is not good, I am very clumsy at these times.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 11:53 am

I feel like drunk and I go to bed.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 12:15 pm

tired and embarrassed depending where I had the meltdown, sometimes I am angry at the people involved

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 2:07 pm

Tired and empty.

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 3:59 pm

I usually don't remember mine like. I remember what happened before and after but its almost like having a seizure. I forget what I did or sometimes might have sound during the meltdown period and then sometimes I feel confused. Other times I feel weak and as if my body just drained itself. I just want to sit down and lay their wallowing in the pain still left after the meltdown occured too. Sometimes after, it becomes a depressive state where I feel like nothing can satisfy me or please me and I sit there panicking because not only am I depressed but often times I still feel upset and my mind is having a meltdown after my nervous system kicked in and reacted with the outburst form of it.

Diagnosed with an autistic disorder (Not AS but mild to moderate classic Autism), ADHD, Learning Disability, intellectual disability and severe anxiety (part of the autism); iPad user; written expressionist; emotionally-sensitive

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

I'm usually zoned out. If you saw me after a meltdown, you'd probably see someone moving very little and staring fixedly at one point; you might mistake me for being catatonic, but I'm not, I just don't have any energy left. I may simply go to sleep, depending on the environment.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

iheartmegahitt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 4:50 pm

Callista wrote:
I'm usually zoned out. If you saw me after a meltdown, you'd probably see someone moving very little and staring fixedly at one point; you might mistake me for being catatonic, but I'm not, I just don't have any energy left. I may simply go to sleep, depending on the environment.

I'm like that too but often times I feel weakened by it that I need to lay down. It usually depends on how long they last or how bad they become too.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2010, 5:04 pm

For some reason I can't have meltdowns in public even if I really want to. At home, after a meltdown I just want to go to a quiet room and think angrily about my thoughts, sometimes that calms me down.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

10 Sep 2010, 5:50 pm

Callista wrote:

I get that way, too. I just went through this 2 days ago, in fact. I felt drugged, and very very tired.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Sep 2010, 5:51 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

This is how I feel.

ScottyN
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Sep 2010, 5:54 pm

I fill a little ill. Sometimes a headache. Less concerned now about how others think than I used to be.