Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Audiophile
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Sep 2010, 6:21 am

It sounds strange, but now what you think.

For as long as I can remember I've had trouble reading medium to larger sized paragraphs. What happens is when i'm reading a line and I have to go back to the left side of the page. I'll re-read the line i just read or go two or three lines down. Anyone else have trouble with this?

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Sep 2010, 6:36 am

You're not the only one. It's a bit difficult for me as well. Reading, in general is difficult. Like, I mean I can read fine and can read fast, but I just never process what I'm ACTUALLY reading... like the bigger picture, and forget about half of what I read. :/

sylbao
Raven
Raven

11 Sep 2010, 6:39 am

Troubles with lines can come from two things. You don't see well, or you don't use well your eyes moves for reading. Start by checking your sight and if everything is ok, do some fast visual exercises of location. For example turn quickly the pages of a print-seller for children with 2 seconds by page and try to visualize most possible objects. This simple and purely visual exercise will help you to fix better your glance.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 7:22 am

I have trouble in that area, as well. I can't do it, no matter how hard I try.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2010, 7:51 am

The larger the block of text, the more slowly I'll go. I have to reread sentences usually at least 3 times before I get it, so when I read a book, I've actually read it at least three times by the time I get to the end. The font also changes color and size and can tremble just slightly. I was relieved to find out that this is a normal autistic trait because it's really trippy and it used to confuse me. Now I know what's going on so I just move on. Usually I listen to audio books instead of reading and I'm getting a Kindle - hopefully that will help.