Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 2:59 am

i wish all elephants could be free of zoo's walls but that is not possible. let's hope there's much room for roaming and doing elephant things. at least no human will shoot them or torture them for money.

in the usa, there's an elephant sanctuary in tennessee that is an unbelievable place for ex-circus, ex-zoo elephants. they have an enormous area to roam and many humans who do nothing but cater to them. there are huge barns for them when they want. veterinarians are there when needed and as some of the e's have been kept in terrible conditions, vets are there every day.

there are other sanctuaries, but none as magnificent as the one in tenn.

baby elephants, almost make you believe in god.

thanks t. f., for sharing that.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 3:44 am

Elephants are basicaly raped in zoos so sperm can be extracted to artificaly inseminate females. I'd rather see the species go exstinct than know they have to endure so much abuse and mental anquish in captivity.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 2:02 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Elephants are basicaly raped in zoos so sperm can be extracted to artificaly inseminate females. I'd rather see the species go exstinct than know they have to endure so much abuse and mental anquish in captivity.

Aren't all female animals bred through rape? That's why they're animals; they don't understand things like love and courtship.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2010, 7:35 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
PunkyKat wrote:

Aren't all female animals bred through rape? That's why they're animals; they don't understand things like love and courtship.[/quote

Yes, but humans sholdn't be doing the raping. Humans are supposed to know beter and the techniques used to harvest this sperm are nothing more than glorified beastiality.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2010, 7:45 am

EnglishInvader wrote:
Aren't all female animals bred through rape? That's why they're animals; they don't understand things like love and courtship.

Are you kidding? You haven't watched the Nature Channel much, have you?

Why do you think males of many species are so pretty with all the fancy colors?
How about the elaborate courtship dances performed by so many species right down to insects?

It is because the females DO have a choice so the males have to knock themselves out to impress them.

phil777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 3:31 pm

You do know that behaviorly, elephants are closer to humans in regard that they will cry a loved one's death?

coffeegirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Sep 2010, 5:22 pm

phil777 wrote:
You do know that behaviorly, elephants are closer to humans in regard that they will cry a loved one's death?

This is true. We had a baby elephant at our zoo recently and it's mother accidentally killed it with her tusk while trying to help it after it tripped. She was in mourning for some time afterward. As were many in the city. :(

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:23 pm

danandlouie wrote:
i wish all elephants could be free of zoo's walls but that is not possible. let's hope there's much room for roaming and doing elephant things. at least no human will shoot them or torture them for money.

in the usa, there's an elephant sanctuary in tennessee that is an unbelievable place for ex-circus, ex-zoo elephants. they have an enormous area to roam and many humans who do nothing but cater to them. there are huge barns for them when they want. veterinarians are there when needed and as some of the e's have been kept in terrible conditions, vets are there every day.

there are other sanctuaries, but none as magnificent as the one in tenn.

baby elephants, almost make you believe in god.

thanks t. f., for sharing that.

some animals have been hurt and cannot be released.

the video won't play. :(

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran