I am a carnivore 30%  30%  [ 15 ]
Other 30%  30%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 50

necroluciferia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Sep 2010, 8:50 am

nick007 wrote:
Be carefully you guys don't eat any meet that's tainted with mad-cow disease because it made this guy go crazy. You can skip the 1st two minutes

At one point when I was younger I wouldn't consume any cow products for fear of catching mad cow disease. :oops:

I am carnivore. If I became a vegetarian I would simply starve to death, because I'm such a fussy eater and the texture of most vegetables make me want to throw up. Actually there's a lot of meats I don't like as well, and the only dairy product I eat/drink is milk in coffee.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 8:51 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm a meatatarian.

Wow someone said it before me!

My diet consists of everything that will clog your arteries and make you fat. That's why I'm so healthy. :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Sep 2010, 3:08 pm

This poll left some things out. Zombies & Vampires have no choice tor them 8O :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IndispensablePG
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2010, 7:59 pm

I consume the flesh of other beings as well as fruit and vegetables.

I was a lacto veggie for a few months as an experiment but I went straight back to eating meat again.

iHateCamera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Sep 2010, 5:35 am

I'm a vegetarian and I plan to become vegan as soon as I leave home. I don't like going in to this debate because the moment you say one thing about not eating meat people roll their eyes and think 'Oh, another one of those annoying vegetarians..'. But most meat eaters don't know anything about the meat industry. It really is disgusting, so much so that people just can not believe it could be that bad so therefore assume it isn't; that's how they get away with it.
The cows and chickens you see in fields and stuff are not representative at all of the meat people eat, the great majority are factory farmed. It is not so much the killing of animals that is the reason for my vegetarianism, if they lead a happy life beforehand then animals being killed is upsetting but understandable. Animals are tortured in ways you would not think possible.
Anyway I already went on a lot more than I wanted to but I really recommend looking in to it. True some people may still not care, but I already know several previous meat eaters who have become vegetarian after finding out the truth.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 8:21 am

i know how evil the livestock and poultry industry is.
i posted a video that was almost impossible to watch on this site about 2 years ago, and it was very disturbing.
it showed how animals are treated. farmers may have some concern for the animals they raise (but seldomly), however the transporters usually consider the animals as just "freight" and abbatoir workers most often have a ghoulish nature about them.

i think people who work in slaughterhouses apply for the job because they have a streak of evil in them. i mean..they do not get paid any more than anyone else, so why would anyone apply for a job killing animals?

they have utterly no conscience about the feelings or lives of those they slaughter, and so the animals last experiences are usually of a merciless and heartless world.

i saw a semi trailer the other day with pallet loads of live chickens, and it must have been on it's way to the slaughter house. it stopped at the lights, and i saw the faces of the chickens crammed into what looked like milk crates, and they were pressed up to the sides of the crates, and they could not move.

after the truck stopped, i saw feathers swirling along the road behind it, and i picked up a feather.
i looked at one chicken and i knew it had a life of it's own, and a personality of it's own. all animals have their own distinct personalities, and this one looked like it was scared and it did not understand what was going on.

i thought "if you were my pet, then i would pamper you with the best food and the most comfortable roost i could possibly provide. you would trust me, and come inside my house and you would be happy and not fear me, and i would know your personality and you would know mine".

but then the truck started off again, and it disappeared over the hill, and that chicken who i was thinking about was just one of hundreds on the truck who would be slaughtered that afternoon.

i can not get over the fact that i am aware that every chicken and cow and pig and any animal could very well be a loved pet of mine who i would love all it's life, yet they are just "stock" to be "harvested".

that chicken's life i was thinking about probably fetched about 80 cents for the farmer who sold it.

but on the other hand i still eat meat.
i think that if i died tomorrow, and was removed from the population of meat eaters, then there would be no less steaks in the display case, and no less chickens rolling on the rotisserie at chicken shops because of my death.

there are just so many meat eaters, that if i stopped, then the demand would be lessened in australia by about 1/18,000,000.

i like the taste of meat because i am genetically disposed to like it, and i need iron and protein.

if everyone else became a vegetarian, and i was the only meat eater left, then i would stop eating meat because i do not want a life ended just to fill my stomach with nice tasting food.

the cuts of beef and chicken i see on display are already dead, and i have no qualms about using it for my diet, but i have a difficult time reconciling that because i buy it, more cows will die.

i am sure if i became a vegetarian right now and i followed the statistics of how may cattle were killed each year, i would see no change, and i would also feel anemic and weak.

i still have the feather i picked up and it is a beautiful little feather and i dislike to let myself think about the life of the chicken who it came from, but i can not help but do so.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 5:53 pm

I used to eat all kinds of meat. A few years ago I decided to eat only chicken and seafood/fish, and i actually dont like red meat that much.

Right now I am on a farm, and I am going further towards vegetarianism, and vegetarian cooking. The latest challenge to any meat I would have otherwise eaten: looking after baby lambs. It is pretty hard to imagine eating someone you are bottle feeding and cuddling. I am 100% off red meat now and I think chicken is not too far behind.. also I have been very down lately and am amazed at how good I feel just standing there with the goats, or the sheep.

Taking a break.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 8:31 pm

I used to eat more meat then I do now, back when I was living with my parents. But now that I am living on my own, I don't have it that much.
Firstly, I lost most of my interest for it (though I will still eat a burger occasionally) and secondly, it gets too expensive after a while. The major reason I still eat it is because I need the iron and the protein, and that often is when I am having my period. Also, I rarely ever eat eggs anymore. I have them about once a month or less, and if i use them it's in the odd recipe.

For dinner I will have boiled tomatoes with salt, pepper and cheese, or I might have a head of cabbage boiled in a broth. People ask me, "How can you have dinner with out any meat?" And I say, "It's easy. After a while your body gets used to just mostly having vegetables, and they become as filling as meat does." :D

bluebandit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Sep 2010, 10:46 pm

When left to my own devices, I don't eat meat. I don't even crave it anymore. No one really says anything, because I take most of my meals alone. But when eating with family, I'd eat often meat. But after today, I'm not sure if I'd bother anymore. I think I'd imagined it creating some sort of bond, but I've realized I'm simply not like them. I don't want to compromise my beliefs anymore.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:47 pm

I used to be vegetarian.

I hate the tastes and textures of almost all meat.

Sometimes I do eat chicken.

I hate the texture of chicken if it's prepared in certain ways, too, like if it's shredded or if it's been microwaved.