Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2010, 7:12 am

I have decided to sell my extensive videogame collection only keeping my NES games.
I decided that I need to get rid of them because they do not make me happy anymore just looking at them. I feel like I wasted a lot of my time even though it was fun. I also need money, however I feel like if I got rid of it I will regret it. However if I put them away then I will jsut keep putting them back up.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 11:05 am

I say keep them.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Sep 2010, 12:01 pm

I have a lot of older video-games that I haven't played in a long time but don't want to get rid of. How would you be selling it; one game at a time on eBay :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:28 pm

I always regret it when I get rid of my games :cry: But maybe that's just me.

nick007 wrote:
How would you be selling it; one game at a time on eBay :?:

A lot of people put stuff up in The Marketplace at the AtariAge.com forums, and then whatever they can't get rid of within a certain time frame ends up on eBay (whether one-at-a-time or in lots).

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2010, 2:41 pm

I always regret it also but I feel like I need to move on. Kind of like an addiction you know? I also feel like I should take on a new hobby but it is so hard when you're not good at many things due to playing games and wasting my time.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 Sep 2010, 3:21 pm

I haven't heard of AtariAge. I might check it out. I occasionally still buy games but I seldom play em. My systems are old. I have a few different games I want to get rid of because there duplicates or games I never played but I don't want to go true the hassle to list em on eBay sense I probably won't get much for em. I only sold one thing on eBay & that was years ago. If I would of had a friend offline who would of wanted em I would of gave those games away by now. I'm thinking of giving em to a friend Friday when I see him so he can pawn em or something if he wants. He goes to pawnshops sometimes & I don't go to them. If I did I would of sold em already. If you guys know of a site or something that would buy em all I might try selling em instead

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 4:15 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I always regret it when I get rid of my games :cry:

Same here, except with DVDs. A couple of weeks ago I sold the majority of my DVD collection because I almost never watched any of them. The ones I regret selling are my copies of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo! The Genetic Opera. Thankfully, Netflix has them both available on the Instant Queue, so I can watch them that way until I can purchase new copies. :)

BroncosRtheBest
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2010, 4:49 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I always regret it when I get rid of my games :cry:

Same here. I regret getting rid of pretty much anything unless it doesn't work. I also regret deleting things off of my memory cards.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 12:58 pm

nick007 wrote:
I haven't heard of AtariAge. I might check it out.

It's a great site. As the name implies, they are geared more towards the classics, but on the forums, prettymuch anything goes. And like I said, they have the Marketplace forum full of great deals for every system imaginable (I have to be careful around that place when I have money).

nick007 wrote:
If you guys know of a site or something that would buy em all I might try selling em instead

AtariAge :wink:

I can't guarantee all of them will sell, though...sports titles you can't even give away. Most people just throw them as freebies into lots with better games.

A lot of people do trades, too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 1:40 pm

I have a hard time giving my DVDs and video games away.