Page 7 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

ProfessorCrow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2010, 12:20 pm

This thread gives me so much hope. I love you, Wrongplanet.

-Crow

parrow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Oct 2010, 2:14 pm

Necro'd thread, but I'll chime in.

I think the original question was "Are you capable of believing in God?"

God as described by the Judeo-Christian-Muslim-Mormon faith? Nope.

But for me the same goes for the "it just randomly happened" science crowd.

Ask the science guy what came before the big bang, "nothing." How did it start, "it just did." How was the first life created, "it just happened, random mix-up" Scientists can't create life from non-living elements, but it can happen just randomly, and not only did life just happen randomly it also randomly knew how replicate, and randomly happened to be in an environment that it could survive, and randomly happened to form this magical DNA that tells it how to operate? "Yep, It just happened. Random." Sorry. Nope. I don't buy that either.

Unfortunately I see both sides making giant leaps of faith just to prove their own beliefs are correct.

To me they are both less credible than the "alien spice rack theory" that someone once told me. He said he believed that long ago aliens had a magical spice rack filled with all different formulas for different types of life. They flew around the universe and randomly sprinkled different mixes on different planets as a sort of science experiment. Then they just let us be to see what happened. Most places things were incompatible, and the life would not flourish. But a few places such as here, the magic mix up worked out pretty well.

At fist I thought the guy was complete nuts. But over the years I found the alien spice rack theory has no more unexplainable assumptions that the religious extremists or the science extremists do.