Did your parents ever talk to you about sex?

Page 6 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

aheisleycook
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Oct 2022, 5:51 pm

I learned about sex.
I did have it
But it’s great but you have to make sue the person your with is going to be the one stay wit or you regret i

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 11:56 am

No.

Back in the 60s and 70s you were just expected to figure it out. That was true for many things back then.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 3:50 pm

I can’t recall ever having any discussion about it. I expect if I had had any sort of romantic relationship, my parents might have had a discussion with me, but probably deemed it unnecessary because I have exactly zero interest in any sort of intimate activity. Even the thought of open-mouthed kissing is still repulsive to me. I don’t even remember how or when I first learned about it, I guess it didn’t seem any more noteworthy to me than any other bit of knowledge :lol:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2022, 4:00 pm

Not really. My Dad would blush and say "Ask your Mother" and my Mum would blush and say "Ask your Father" and so I got nowhere when I asked. I was told to borrow a book from the library, but I did not know what to ask about whatbook so I didn't get a book.
I remember when I was about 15 and my Dad said "Never let me hear of you playing with girls" so I broke all friendships with girls in school and kept away from them as I did not know what my Dad meant.