Did your parents ever talk to you about sex?

Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 3:48 am

When everyone's dead there's no one to forgive you.

What stain? Nobody has to know but you and one other person. If your belief is that "god" is going to condemn you keep in mind that if he's really a god by traditional definition he made sex.

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2010, 3:54 am

Pistonhead wrote:
When everyone's dead there's no one to forgive you.

What stain? Nobody has to know but you and one other person. If your belief is that "god" is going to condemn you keep in mind that if he's really a god by traditional definition he made sex.

I'm talking about God's forgiveness, yes but sin has corrupted sex: fornication, adultery, bestiality.

Also there is a spiritual benefit that helps me sleep at night.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:08 am

What kind of sense does that make? Bestiality and sex are two veeeeery different things despite being one in the same. Fear of commiting adultery is one thing that keeps traditional christian marriages going. There are some members of my family who are involved in such marriages, great women mixed with as*hole men and vise-versa. Don't even sleep in the same room anymore they can't stand each other so much and yet they stay together! Is that really the work of our perfect loving father?

If anything has corrupted sex it's dishonesty, it's expectations, it's being materialized. It's no longer about the conscious want for the pleasures of flesh.

You know what helps me sleep at night? Exhaustion, death metal, and sex.

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2010, 4:31 am

It isn't fear of committing adultery that is keeping Christian marriages alive, it's the fear of God and listening to what he teaches about marriage.

Bestiality is just another form of sexual activity that came about after the first sin was committed, it's one for the record.

Dishonestly is just another gray word for lying, and it causes a lot of problems including some marital difficulties, but it all consists of sin and where sin is concerned it always has the same consequence.

It never was about wanting pleasures of the flesh, but ignorance and disobedience.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:36 am

If that's what you call "alive" I'd be happy to be dead.

Dishonesty encompasses more than just lying. Dishonesty is empty promises, secrets, and lying.

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2010, 4:53 am

On paper the idea of what you have to sacrifice to get heaven is not the ideal way of living but there is only one way.

Neither of us are better than the other spiritually, we both live in sin but our reactions to it are different. You would rather die happily in sin, but I know my fate is hell and there isn't a lot that can be done about it but give up.

You seem to think that dishonesty and lying are of a different set of morals but yet are similar. They encompass the same thing, the difference is that dishonesty is a socially acceptable term like kill is but lying is a word that expresses not only the meaning but judgment as well and this goes into dark holes people don't want to think about.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 6:23 am

You know your fate is in hell and yet you avoid sin? What kind of contradiction is that? Once you've been sentenced to death row assuming you like living there is no reason not to attempt an escape.

Dishonesty and lying are different. Lets assume I'm married and I come home late from work because I was having sex with my boss' secretary. When I come home my wife interrogates me "you were supposed to be home 2 hours ago" and I say "I had a lot of work to do". This is not a lie, I did have a lot of work to do to make the secretary happy. It is dishonest. Next night I go to a club and get a room at a sleezy motel with some girl I met there. I come home and my wife asks "where have you been?" I say "a bar" and she says "you didn't sleep with any whores? you sure look like it" and I say "nope" because I didn't, the girl I slept with didn't charge me so as far as I know she isn't a whore, a slut maybe. So now I've cheated on my wife twice, she's asked me about it twice, and I haven't lied once and she still has no idea.

I don't know how you define socially acceptable.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 6:25 am

Yes. But I learned different sexual terms from my peers and the media and stuff.
Although my mum a few times has given me these embarrassing lectures like telling me if I ever got physical with one of my guy friends she doesn't want me keep it from her and all this stuff.

Werecrocodile
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Sep 2010, 6:33 am

No I don't avoid sin, you just misinterpreted what was typed.

Actually what you're talking about is still a lie but the most dangerous of all lies: half-truth/half-falsehood.

You are telling me that the women isn't a whore but possibly a slut?

Whore: a woman who engages in promiscuous sexual intercourse, usually for money; prostitute; harlot; strumpet.

Slut: an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute.

Obviously they are the same thing and if you don't believe me go read a dictionary.

How I determine how socially acceptable things are is definitely not accurate, but then that really doesn't matter.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 6:44 am

www.merriam-webster.com says otherwise

slut = promiscous woman; especially a prostitute
meaning that prostitution is optional

whore = someone who engages in sexual acts for money
meaning prostitution is required

It's not a lie it's completely true. It just leaves out what isn't specifically demanded to be known.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 7:44 am

I knew about sperm and eggs from around five or six ish because I had watched Look Who's Talking a few times. I didn't know the sperm got there but really didn't wonder until my teens when I learned how a baby grows inside it's mom in detail. I saw dogs mating more than once and by that time I knew extactaly what they were doing and after I saw a picture of a man and women "in bed" in a book about adoption no less I figured humans do it the same way. One thing just lead to another and I think I learned the truth on my own when I was ready. I never wanted to get married let alone have kids as young as four because I never wanted to be tied down by a relationship and I wanted to do things when I grew up and having kids would prohibit that. I STILL haven't changed my mind and think I will be asexual for the rest of my life and I am fine with it.

I remember as a little kid I was worried about getting pregnant when I grew up. My mom told me that if a woman dosen't want children she just dosen't have them. I thought babies magicaly started growing inside a woman and after my mom told me I would not have them if I did not want them I thought they started magicaly growing when a husband and a wife decided they wanted a baby. I think the way my mom explained it was perfect. I remember figuring men put their part into the woman's part and asking my mom to confirm it for me. When she did I was like this: 8O :eew: at the same time. That just seemed so unhigenic and painful and eww. I knew I never wanted to get married long before I knew what intercourse was. I told my mom that if I ever did get married, my husband would have to agree to celibacy my mom said that intercourse kinda comes with the territory of getting married so my decision to be asexual was confirmed. How could a woman subject herself to that only to give birth (which I hear is the most painful expirence) as a result? I was repulsed at how crazy all the other girls my age were so obsessed with boys and was always complaning at how the other girls should have a little more self respect and dignity so my parents never had to worry about me getting pregnant.

Last edited by PunkyKat on 16 Sep 2010, 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 7:59 am

I'm impressed at how you managed to avoid ever wanting kids. I know even to this day I have a repressed desire for them and as kids most of us dream big and don't consider the consequences like that.

yellowLedbetter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2010, 9:00 am

Honestly, I don't think I EVER talked to my mom about it (I usually avoid talking to my dad about anything.) She talked about puberty and stuff but that was THE MOST AWKWARD CONVERSATION OF MY LIFE! Haha, we were sorting through halloween candy, and I just kept eating all the reese's. I think she just assumes I know enough - and I do, seeing as how I have some friends who get around a lot, and I watch television and movies, and I've read Cosmo before lol. I guess my mom just trusts me, she knows I'm a good person and I'm pretty intelligent... in a non-sheltered way.

I'm glad I figured it all out that way, and when I have kids - which I will some day - I'll probably do the same thing and avoid that wierdness. But I will emphasize the importance of self worth and not sleeping around just to be safe of course.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 9:32 am

Did your parents ever talk to you about sex?

All I ever learned about the topic came from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Pyth ... ng_of_Life (film)

Apparently there are only two theories:

a) People come from storks
b) People come from their human parents

Having seen the above movie, my conclusion is that b) is the correct answer.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 10:41 am

No my parents never told me anything about sex.....I remember Mum saying that one or two of my classmates had been caught touching the girls "down there" and that I'd better not be doing the same thing - but I was innocent, in more ways than one. My parents clearly felt very awkward talking about sex. Years later when my father began to occasionally mention it (which he'd never do while Mum was there), I just wished he wouldn't. I was perfectly happy to discuss sex with my own peers, but the very idea of discussing it with parents or family was abhorrent to me. It was rather like swearing, which I guess carries the same kind of taboo.

I found out about sex from friends. They were the sole source of information because it was clearly dangerous to mention sex to the Big People. But they got some of the details wrong - two kids on our street thought girls had willies......in those days girls didn't wear tight trousers so there was no easy way of knowing the truth. Two more boys said they knew for a fact that girls had testicles :roll: I don't know who they'd been laying. 8O

Anyway the data became more accurate over the years, and we eventually got a sex education lesson at the secondary school. They told us where to put it but didn't mention MOVING it......which could have been embarrassing during my first sexual encounter a year or so late - luckily my partner kind of moved her loins in the right way, and from my experience of masturbation (first demonstrated to me by another boy a few years earlier) I managed to deduce the right movements without ever having to reveal my ignorance.

The sex lesson was part of the biology course, which probably explains why they didn't mention the cliche about it only being OK between adults who love each other very much.....so I was never told that, but for some reason my sex life has never been very far removed from that maxim. Of course in those days it would have been much harder to find a girl who would go all the way until she felt the boy had grown to care about her, and after whinging about that for a year or two I began to accept it. These days I see a bit of sexual reluctance in a woman as a mark of maturity, though the world seems to be going in the opposite direction.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 1:02 pm

Yes, my mom talked about sex with me from a pretty early age. It started with 'good touch, bad touch' and grew from there as I got older.

I'm doing the same for my children. Normalize, educate, and don't make sex dirty and your children will be less likely to have an unhealthy attitude towards sex.