Would you/Will you go to your High School Reunion?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:01 pm

I was home schooled so I never had that chance to meet friends and such at a normal High School. My sister talks casually of not going but I'm shocked. I'd GO!! !! ! Just to LOL! at the people who went down a bad path (drugs/etc.) or feel like s**t (since Joe the bully is now a CEO BOO!) Perhaps see who has a life (family/kids/spouse etc.) and such. I hate my sister has been talking for months about not going. Since she works in the court system she sees the bad path people from my past and hers LOL! I feel bad but think thank god I didn't go down that bad path (DUI/drugs etc.) :-)

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:14 pm

I went to three different high schools so I barely know any of those people and I woulnd't want to see them again anyway because they used to throw rocks at me and beat me bloody so why would I want to waste my time and money on them anyway. And, besides, I don't think I'd be allowed to go even if I wanted to because I'm a high school drop out and I think reunions are only for those people who graduated.

It's been 25 years (I had to count it up. I guess that makes this another "reunion year.") since the year I would have graduated if I had stayed in high school and I haven't been to any reunions and I have zero plans to ever go to any reunions. I get violent feelings even just *thinking* about seeing any of those people again.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:31 pm

Only at gunpoint.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

15 Sep 2010, 4:21 pm

Nope! My tenth was last year and I skipped it. Holds no interest for me.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 4:54 pm

No. I will graduate from secondary school in the year 2014, and by the time I am old enough to be having high school reunions, there will probably be no need, due to technology. I don't really plan on keeping in touch with a large majority of the people in my class anyhow.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:07 pm

I kind of want to (the ten year will be in 2013) so I can laugh at the snooty b*****s who popped out three kids after graduating and now weigh 300 pounds, but I'm not friends with anyone from high school so there's no one I'd even hang out with. Also, their white trash accents annoy me.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:22 pm

The whole "laugh at the losers" thing is so much not a motivation for me because while all my classmates were becoming doctors and lawyers (and I see their names all the time in the hometown paper) I was spending a good fifteen years in and out of homelessness and on disability so *I'm* the loser everyone would be laughing at.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:50 pm

Sparrowrose wrote:
The whole "laugh at the losers" thing is so much not a motivation for me because while all my classmates were becoming doctors and lawyers (and I see their names all the time in the hometown paper) I was spending a good fifteen years in and out of homelessness and on disability so *I'm* the loser everyone would be laughing at.

This too, really. For every chick who wanted to be an actress but settled for getting married there's someone else who's a big (for our town) success now and I'm going to get a lot of simpering glances and "Hey, isn't that the cancer chick?" whispers.

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

16 Sep 2010, 12:50 am

Yes. As much as I hated school dances, assemblies, and the classroom environment, I still had friends whom I haven't seen in years and probably might not except at that reunion.

I'll still probably be quiet and bored out of my mind. But hey, maybe things will be okay.

Narwhal
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Sep 2010, 8:57 pm

I have no idea if I will go or not. The couple friends I had I already keep in touch with, but it would be interesting to see how people turned out. :?

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 1:14 am

A significant part of me doesn't want anything to do with that part of my past.

On the other hand, it would feel good to attend and quietly show the people that used to give me a hard time that I turned out just fine. :) So I might.

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 9:41 am

Yes. Mostly to see how f****d up most of them has become.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2010, 10:09 am

My high school reunion will be in 2020. I might go, because high school wasn't that bad for me, and I did make a lot of friends and acquaintances whom I wouldn't mind seeing again - although I'm already friends with most of them on Facebook.

jamesmoriarty
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2010, 12:57 pm

Of course not, I hampered my self from attending college, school shaped and made me who I am today I regret the time there though I would not have been at this moment with out it, however that place twisted and warped my perception of who I was and what I could achieve that goes for my for all of the time of my foray into the academic setting out side of a higher learning institution. It's a place that I can hardly, stay longer than a few hours or minutes before I get so worked up that I start getting sensory overload, or as I like to call it "having a bad time". If there are those among you that can brave the threshold then I raise my glass to you.

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 12:04 am

HELL NO!!

Apolla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2010, 5:01 pm

Would I go?

Ha ha ha ha ha! No. Why would I return when I've vowed never to set foot in my old high school? I hate the very idea. I don't want to revisit the people who helped make my life suck for about ten years or so (they didn't make it terrible the half the year after I moved there but then they found out I was different and well...it just went downhill from there.) So, no thanks. I'll see the people I want but no chance on a reunion.

If I had better memories, sure I might go, just to see how everyone was doing but if I really want to know, I can google it.