IF you werent AS & you were NT how would you be?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2010, 7:16 pm

I would be an athelete, then to a business man. Popular, I want popularity, any person I need to do a favor or had something done, I would snap my fingers, make a call, and it would be done. Thats me How about YOU!

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:33 pm

LOL! That's not what NTs' lives are like; that's a fantasy that no one lives.

If I were NT, I'd be an ordinary person. Somewhat like I am now, but not the same person. I would most probably be a high-school student, probably one with a lot of friends. I would, as now, be a talented writer, with great skill at characterization rather than setting; in all probability, I would not like Twilight anyway. I might be less contrary, because my early experiences would not have taught me that that's the way to succeed. I'd probably not be as good with grammar and spelling. I suspect I'd be fluent in Spanish or French by now, and probably speak only a couple words of Japanese. I suppose clothes-shopping would be for me what office-supply-shopping is now, except I'd do it more.

I probably wouldn't be a gamer, so who knows how I'd vent my frustration? Maybe martial arts. I bet I would watch American Idol. I've seen it a couple of times; if I were an NT, I would probably be all over it, almost like a special interest! I would probably write about social dynamics, probably not fantasy or sci-fi as I prefer now. Maybe romance or horror, urban fantasy maybe, YA...

I'd on the whole be someone I (as I really am) would like to know, but not greatly like to be. It would be a life worth living, rather like the life I live now. Most NTs, I'm sorry to say, are not athletes AND businessmen who are ALSO so popular that everyone obeys their every whim. If nothing else, where would they get the people to obey them? The world is mostly composed of NTs.

Now, if I engage in the sort of fantasy you're engaging in, I guess I'd already be in college, soon to graduate. I would have sold a book by now, and might have a contract for another. I'd have about five or so IRL friends, all of them the sort of loyal friends who would stand by me whatever happened. But I could have that and be an Aspie; I'd just have to be a very intelligent and dedicated Aspie. (Well, too late now to be somewhere else entirely at this minute. But I could still achieve these things-- I even plan to. I have a 4.0; it seems likely.)

By the way, I replied to your other thread; did you see it?

NOT A DOCTOR

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:36 pm

Nobody can know for sure what they would be like...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:51 pm

I guess I would be like a chick on a soap opera. I would be surrounded by drama and totally love the one upping. It wouldn't bother me one bit.

rowingineden
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2010, 7:56 pm

*laughs* I probably would've lost my virginity at 11 or 12, and gotten my first abortion by 14. I would drink and party and screw EVERYONE. I'd probably be a damned sorority or something. Wow, that's really disgusting.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

I'd be doing everything everyone had wanted me to do?

It's hard to imagine what you could've been like when you've been a certain way your whole life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 9:17 pm

I wouldn't be a die hard Kinks Fan. :cry:

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 9:43 pm

I would be a prostitute.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 9:44 pm

I would be a prostitute.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 9:55 pm

A useful, functional member of society that is in every way normal but in no way memorable.

rjgarn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2010, 9:59 pm

Corp900 wrote:
I would be an athelete, then to a business man. Popular, I want popularity, any person I need to do a favor or had something done, I would snap my fingers, make a call, and it would be done. Thats me How about YOU!

Given the fact that I am not an NT, and I have had this complication from the day I was conceived, I really have no idea. My brain's development has always included having to learn how to adapt to the situations and issues that Aspergers presents, thus my entire life as I know it has been shaped by it. I seriously doubt anyone could give a realistic answer to this other then a pure fantasy speculation (such as your own, no offence), you've had this your entire life, you're going to die with it. There is no getting around that, you can learn to adapt to life so that the complications are not issues, but that is it.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 10:07 pm

I'm much more conscientious and accomplished, because I'm autistic. In other words, I'm a much better person than I would have been had I been born neurotypical. All I have to do is look at my siblings and see how they turned out to know that.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 10:07 pm

I don't mean to target you or anything, but you seem to be making a lot of threads at once, and most of them are about fantasizing how much easier life would be if you were NT. Truth is, NT's have their own problems. Because of being more social, they have other possible risks or problems that we don't have to deal with because we're not as social.

For one thing, a person with AS on a sports team would fantasize about how much easier things would be if you were the team captain. However, that would mean you have more responsibility, and despite the popularity, if you lose a single game, it's all on your head and the popularity diminishes either way. Just for an example. I'm not NT, so I can't say, but I doubt their lives are all perfect.

To answer the topic at hand... I would probably have had a more active role in either art or music programs at school and make more friendships there. With the latter, I'd probably have a band by now, but I'll have one soon enough.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 10:12 pm

I think I would have to work much harder
at being intristing to those I know, if I were
nt I might be boring normal accountant like
my dad, but then I have s sneaky feeling
dad isn't so normal after all, he might have
been un-diagnosed AS and had a miracle ability
to adapt, he owned 2 businesses now retired
from 1, now still owns 1 business and he still
aint rich, weird I know mebbe he is in dette.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 8:19 am

I'd be able to control everyone, to corrupt their hearts.. to make them my fearful servants. I'd have the armies of Mordor under my dominion and my ever-faithful Nazgul.. oh wait.. that's if I had the One Ring.. oh well... it's as plausible as me suddenly becoming NT :P

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 8:29 am

I don't know. I guess I'd still be into the Renaissance stuff since I grew up with it and thus would have joined the same club and know the same people. I'd probably would just be more tactful and more aware of how others react to what I say/do. Maybe I wouldn't have needed medication and wouldn't have gained all this weight from them. Who knows, really? Is there really any point in playing with "what ifs"?