I wonder what this site has come to, sometimes.

Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 4:17 pm

I think the best way to deal with difficult people and uncomfortable threads is avoidance. You don´t need extra stress or toxicity in your life, so just pick and choose the people and topics that are the best for you. As you said, you do get support here much of the time, so you can use this site constructively. If somebody picks on you, well- they are the unenlightened one, not you. So you just say "adieu" and move on to another thread.

In any case, I hope you stay on WP! I like reading your Posts, and seeing your ever-changing "Kinks" Avatars. After all, how else would I have learned all about Mick Avory, if I hadn´t met you online? :D

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:09 pm

Corp900 wrote:
no can do
It's just this guy, right here.

"no can do". Really? It's as if you're trying to start these problems. You're pissing off a lot of people who are happy to have AS, and convincing others who are depressed because they have AS, to be even more depressed. It's a support forum, you're not exactly "doin it rite".

Craig28 wrote:
I get the absolute vibes that Aspies are more egotisical and vemonous then NTs. At least with NTs you can win the argument, but an argument with an Aspie? Hah, not only would you lose that, but they would beat you into the ground further just to see you squirm.

A disability of pure poison and hatred is Asperger Syndrome

Hans should have been executed for his work.
While I highly doubt that NT's are always more reasonable, I've been thinking about this since the religious thread yesterday. One of the associated traits with Asperger's is "Black and white thinking". No gray areas, either absolute or not at all. Serious close-mindedness. This was really noticeable in that thread, from both sides of the "religious debate" (Christians and Atheists), neither side even slightly took 1% of the other sides' stuff into consideration. Heck, while I'm currently not really on either side (it's complicated), I was on one of the sides before, and I hate looking back at myself and seeing how I was in the same mindset: "I am 100% correct, you are 100% wrong; I am better than you, you should be burned at the stake; I don't need to 'open my mind', YOU need to 'open your mind'"

That's how I used to be and I notice it a lot, pretty much seeing my old self in those who were on my "side". I'd like to at least believe I'm not like that anymore. So I think that "black and white thinking" can be helped or changed. I'm not quite the best example now, though, since I'm too indecisive and can't make up my mind... I don't have any side on any of the main debates going on these days.

But... Hans being executed for his work won't really help much

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:12 pm

trolls and no0bs saddly

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 6:01 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
Craig28 wrote:
I get the absolute vibes that Aspies are more egotisical and vemonous then NTs. At least with NTs you can win the argument, but an argument with an Aspie? Hah, not only would you lose that, but they would beat you into the ground further just to see you squirm.

Someone said something about not seeing trolls here?

I don't see how he is a troll. Just him expressing his opinion. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't mean he is one.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 6:12 pm

League_Girl wrote:
DeaconBlues wrote:
Craig28 wrote:

I don't see how he is a troll. Just him expressing his opinion. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't mean he is one.
Oh come on... AS is "a disability of pure poison and hatred?" People with as "would beat you into the ground further just to see you squirm?" What would you call that?

I certainly don't consider myself or anyone here on WP to be the personification of poison and hatred. That's not an opinion it's a damning judgment on everyone with AS.

Granted, I can just assume the poster was having a bad day.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 6:39 pm

bee33 wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
DeaconBlues wrote:
Craig28 wrote:

Oh come on... AS is "a disability of pure poison and hatred?" People with as "would beat you into the ground further just to see you squirm?" What would you call that?

I certainly don't consider myself or anyone here on WP to be the personification of poison and hatred. That's not an opinion it's a damning judgment on everyone with AS.

Granted, I can just assume the poster was having a bad day.

I think the poster is just bitter and is not happy with who he is and expresses himself negatively, I often see negative posts by him but they don't bother me. I have an aspie friend who keeps saying having AS is a curse. That's how he feels about himself. He has even expressed that here too I recall but he doesn't come here often.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 6:57 pm

Sites and sounds topic

CR, please ignore the negativity. I know I do.

I like your posts about Mick Avory. I have learned a lot about him, but have you ever written a fan letter?, He is still alive, in his late sixties, according to Wiki. 8)

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo