Are you happy that you have autism? Be Honest

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 4:31 pm

Corp900 wrote:
Be honest......

Why bother? So you can jump back in and tell me I'm just deluding myself?

Corp900 wrote:
The truth is overwhelming all of you.

:roll:

No, it's not. It's eluding you.

The truth is, the Autistic experience is unique to every individual on the spectrum. Not everyone is as unhappy with it as you are.

Whether you want to accept it or not, THAT is the truth.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:15 pm

Delirium wrote:
Can you please stop making all of these self-pitying posts? You were diagnosed with ASD, not Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. And you're obviously high-functioning enough to be able to post on message boards to complain about having it, so it's not like you're the type of person who can't even communicate at all.
I'd agree with this, if not that I've been saying the same thing in his past several threads over and over to no avail... it's not really worth the effort anymore.

This is his what, 20th thread in a few days about the exact same topic? He had a good run, but he blew his cover. By now, it's really obvious he's a troll.

Corp900 wrote:
The truth is overwhelming all of you.

... Yeah. Gave it away.

Makes sense, whenever I've tried to help and I've gave good help and information, he just ignores it, so clearly, he's not really asking for help. In fact, possibly none of what he's said about himself is true.

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:20 pm

f**k no

I would rather be a successful, good looking NT.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 1:55 pm

cyberscan wrote:
Sometimes I am, and sometimes I'm not. It depends upon the situation.

+1

Sometimes I feel so cheated by having AS. Admittedly, a lot of what I hoped and dreamed of in life was taken from me because AS either keeps me from being able to do it, or not knowing about AS and developing appropriate coping/adaptation skills early on caused me to burn some bridges before I ever got to cross them.

Then, I look and realize my life is not as bad as it could be. A lot of NTs also find their lives not living up to what they hoped for when they were younger (thankfully, disappointment is a universal issue). I also realize that AS puts me in a place where I see the world from a unique perspective. I look at how NTs scurry around like rats in a maze and question how they can be so oblivious to how they're being manipulated in society. It makes me glad I'm not like them.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 2:24 pm

Overall, I am happy that I have autism.

When I was younger, it was a lot worse. I hated having autism because kids were cruel.

The benefits happen more when I am older and my workload increases. It helps me see things others would not. It helps me to use my intelligence to its fullest potential (due to the obsessive nature and ritualization of studying).

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 2:09 pm

Corp900 wrote:
Be honest......

Come on, get happy topic

I would be happy if you did not have it.

Next.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 2:21 pm

Days when I need to be able to communicate effectively, NO!! !

And sh*t, that's pretty much everyday!

Claire_Louise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Sep 2010, 3:06 pm

Yes, I'm happy - I wouldn't want to be normal - it seems like a boring life. Plus I love my interests!
And just to clarify, what do you mean by a "Troll"?