Meadow wrote:
I don't notice any toxicity here.

A great way to be! 8)

Meadow wrote:
There are just whiners.

In my book: Whining = Toxicity :wink:

And: Whining back = Toxicity squared

Then it's kind of a moot point.

But this exchange has a little hook in it that sounds at best a little smarty pants. lol I love that saying. But really why the polite mean hook?? Just an innocent opinion, humm sorry hear the hook. Ok, MrXxx doesn't take offense....Mr Xxx you get a point.

I think it is a great topic. I am careful to reread my posts and often delete them because I sound like a total b***h, when I feel like I am being honest and stating a fact. I also delete them because I'm not so in love with myself that I feel my opinion is always prolific, or even needed. Sometimes I have no way to express myself that doesn't have a hook. I have bad delivery, blunt, and it could be taken wrong. I don't mean to offend but I do. I don't need to ever make 'one liners' that could incite or mock anyone. It does feel like it happens often here, I said OFTEN it is open season on this forum. I have seen an unusual amount of plain meaness, for no other reason that to be mean. There isn't much warmth on this site for anyone except cool girls, who already have had their share of the world's warmth, like all their lives. Same girls get the same attention on most sites on the internet. Forums are like beauty pagents.

I wish it was different. I wish wp was a place where the world didn't push in. But it isn't exempt from anything. It is perfectly acceptable to tear down anyone at any time, especially if the person has been labled a geek by the cool ones. This forum embraces individuals, like every forum. WP is just like any other active forum.

it is too bad it isn't a safe place to be embraced and understood, liked and accepted...it is hard to live with this out in the world everyday, but pretty much just as hard to live with it here

:oops:

If I have committed a crime, could you at least give me the run down, blow by blow, to exactly what I've done because I'm not getting it here. Call me dense but what have I done exactly that calls for all the bashing I'm getting from WP? Please someone, fill this tard in on what the problems are that you have with me. I will be very happy to leave if need be, as it's growing more and more clear that I am among the deeply hated and despised on here and does surprise and amaze me, quite honestly.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 10:32 pm

People are just generally always ready for a good stoning. It isn't any wonder, then, that I despise them most days.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 10:42 pm

Quote:
I didn't know you were the spokesperson for WrongPlanet. Thank you for letting me know. I'll pay closer attention now.

Quote:
You appear to be speaking for many when you say, "To you, probably. To many others here, it's not.", emphasis on 'To many others here, it's not.' That's why I thought maybe you are the spokesperson. Is that too confusing?

Both of these comments are very thinly veiled sarcasm and were the start of the thread derailment. Just my opinion.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 10:48 pm

Aimless wrote:
Quote:
I didn't know you were the spokesperson for WrongPlanet. Thank you for letting me know. I'll pay closer attention now.

Quote:
You appear to be speaking for many when you say, "To you, probably. To many others here, it's not.", emphasis on 'To many others here, it's not.' That's why I thought maybe you are the spokesperson. Is that too confusing?

Both of these comments are very thinly veiled sarcasm and were the start of the thread derailment. Just my opinion.

You can't isolate something like that and make a valid point. The point is more that you are among the many here who appears to despise me. I think that is the real issue. I finally get it. And I'm sick of coping with it. I'm probably just from the wrong side of the tracks as they say and what makes it worse is that I'm also Autistic. Yes, it does make it worse.

F**k all of you who hates me, and good riddance to you too.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 10:58 pm

I tend to filter out people's emotions when reading posts. It immediately becomes irrelevant, like background noise in my mind, and I will only focus on the facts. I don't understand most of the time why people get upset at debate, either. I've even scared away NT parents from the parenting forum.

But I enjoy typing out responses here because I believe I am knowledgeable of the topic at hand (autism), I can't speak my mind other places or speak the same way IRL, and I don't mind trying to be helpful. It doesn't really matter to me how I'm perceived here most of the time unless I happen to be noticeably scaring others away.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:05 pm

Meadow wrote:
Aimless wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

You can't isolate something like that and make a valid point. The point is more that you are among the many here who appears to despise me. I think that is the real issue. I finally get it. And I'm sick of coping with it. I'm probably just from the wrong side of the tracks as they say and what makes it worse is that I'm also Autistic. Yes, it does make it worse.

Excuse me but you did say this:

If I have committed a crime, could you at least give me the run down, blow by blow, to exactly what I've done because I'm not getting it here. Call me dense but what have I done exactly that calls for all the bashing I'm getting from WP? Please someone, fill this tard in on what the problems are that you have with me. I will be very happy to leave if need be, as it's growing more and more clear that I am among the deeply hated and despised on here and does surprise and amaze me, quite honestly.

and Aimless showed you. No need to get defensive. Just take that as an answer and move on knowing what caused the mess. It happens.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:11 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Meadow wrote:
Aimless wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Excuse me but you did say this:

and Aimless showed you. No need to get defensive. Just take that as an answer and move on knowing what caused the mess. It happens.

You're always there to throw stones in my direction. It never fails.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:18 pm

Meadow wrote:
I'm not in an argument with anyone. I'm stating my opinions just the same as everyone else. I'm not sure what is wrong with that.

I think this goes back to the original point of the thread, that we as people with AS (and this probably applies to many NTs too) don't realize when we are being rude or saying something that can be taken as aggressive. I know I've been guilty of that (perhaps not here on WP). You think you are just expressing your opinions, but when you make statements like the ones Aimless quoted, you come off as snarky and angry

I'm not saying this to attack you, and I certainly don't despise you.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

I've never noticed any animosity towards Meadow except when they were being accused of being rude and using their autism as an excuse in this thread. I think there is some misinterpretation going on here and the first post is explaining that it happens quite a lot here, even in a thread trying to explain the occurrence.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:22 pm

Meadow wrote:
The point is more that you are among the many here who appears to despise me. I think that is the real issue. I finally get it. And I'm sick of coping with it. I'm probably just from the wrong side of the tracks as they say and what makes it worse is that I'm also Autistic. Yes, it does make it worse.

Sometimes--just sometimes--when many people appear to despise you it can be a good idea to take a good look at yourself and be a little objective about it. I don't despise you personally and I think some of the things you've said are spot-on, but I've noticed at least half a dozen times your comments were just uncalled for. I'm all for insulting people who were asking for it, but insulting unsuspecting passersby or innocent bystanders (especially on a forum where social rejects gather round) is just not awesome.

Also, is it me or you used a lot more smileys when you first joined this forum? :(

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:26 pm

bee33 wrote:
Meadow wrote:
I'm not in an argument with anyone. I'm stating my opinions just the same as everyone else. I'm not sure what is wrong with that.

I think this goes back to the original point of the thread, that we as people with AS (and this probably applies to many NTs too) don't realize when we are being rude or saying something that can be taken as aggressive. I know I've been guilty of that (perhaps not here on WP). You think you are just expressing your opinions, but when you make statements like the ones Aimless quoted, you come off as snarky and angry

Well, I am snarky and angry, I guess you could say. And I don't mean in a mean way. I can't help who I am but I 'am' tired of being badgered for it. I do try and sometimes I even offer support but I'm not in the best place for doing a lot of that right now. s**t, trolls roam all over the place and are treated just fine but for whatever reason I'm a target for hate it feels like in a community of my own. It's not okay for me to be me. That's the it of it.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:34 pm

Meadow wrote:
bee33 wrote:
Meadow wrote:

Well, I am snarky and angry, I guess you could say. And I don't mean in a mean way. I can't help who I am but I 'am' tired of being badgered for it. I do try and sometimes I even offer support but I'm not in the best place for doing a lot of that right now. sh**, trolls roam all over the place and are treated just fine but for whatever reason I'm a target for hate it feels like in a community of my own. It's not okay for me to be me. That's the it of it.

I'm snarky and angry too, but you have to be aware of how it affects other people if you spew it all over them. (I'm not saying you do that, I don't know your posts well enough to know.) I feel protective of this community; it's not a place where I would want to go off on someone or express my own anger and frustration if it might get someone caught in the crossfire. Maybe that's because of my age. (I don't know how old you are.)

I can see that you are not just angry but that you have a lot of insight and smarts to offer. Can you try to tone down your style? You don't have to not be you.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:44 pm

I haven't gone off on anyone, not in the least, and I don't feel inclined to accommodate anyone. I'm fine just the way I am, thank you.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:46 pm

I think people should focus on cleaning their own doorsteps and stop trying to clean up other people's doorstep instead.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:51 pm

It's always the people with the messiest doorstep who want to clean up someone else.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 11:57 pm

Meadow wrote:
I haven't gone off on anyone, not in the least, and I don't feel inclined to accommodate anyone. I'm fine just the way I am, thank you.
I'm not accusing you of having gone off on anyone. I'm trying to understand your perspective, and to answer the questions you posed. I'm actually trying to be supportive, because I understand being angry. I often feel just angry, not at anyone or anything in particular. It's fine with me for you to be however you are. Sorry if I inadvertently only laid more sh** on you. :)