Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Beef_n00dles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2010, 4:54 pm

Um hey there, I guess it's time to introduce myself, I was diagnosed with mild aspergers syndrome at around the age of 3, I'm now 20 years old, as you can probably tell I like beef noodles a lot, eat them everyother day for quite awhile now, well it's not like "omg I cannot live without them!!!11 o.O" but yeah I needed a name so there >.>, also a big fan of commas =3.

But seriously my main interests are pretty varied, when I was young I had an obsession with dinosaurs, wanted to be a paleontologist until I realized all they do was dig up bones. Right now I enjoy creative writing, maybe I'll post some of my peotry sometime. I've also become quite involved with the anti-circumcision culture, though I'm aware that it is a biased movement and I am mostly concerned with uncircumcising myself (foreskin restoration) than being an intactivist. My next hobby is "lucid dreaming" which means to dream well being aware that you are dreaming, have done it since I was a little kid, look it up it's great stuff, nothing paranormal about it. Also a devote atheist, though don't debate as much as I used to when I was younger. I suffer from social anxiety and get pretty uncomfortable in new situations, like starting college gave me stomach pain the first couple days.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:28 pm

Welcome!

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 6:43 pm

Nice to meet you, Beef_n00dles - and welcome to the Wrong Planet forums.

Fizzgiz
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Sep 2010, 8:18 pm

Hey, I dream like that too sometimes. Done it since a kid too. I can also control those dreams as well. I never knew there was a name for it. Thanks for the info and welcome!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 9:04 pm

A special Welkome to WrongPlanet.

The WP Kink

amaxim
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Sep 2010, 2:04 pm

Glad to meet you Beef Noodles!

Your hobbies sound very interesting to me. Especially lucid dreaming, which I have done many times in the past, but I am unable to control when it happens. It happens spontaneously. If you discover a way to 'choose' to have a lucid dream, please let me know!

~Alexei

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Sep 2010, 3:45 pm

To WrongPlanet!! !Image

Beef_n00dles
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2010, 7:56 pm

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.

Fizzgiz wrote:
Hey, I dream like that too sometimes. Done it since a kid too. I can also control those dreams as well. I never knew there was a name for it. Thanks for the info and welcome!

Yes I original frequent a forum called dreamviews, which is a huge forum for lucid dreamers. I usually talk more about my interest in lucid dreaming since it runs so deep, but I learned from talking to friends that people get overwhelmed with it if I go into too much detail and are much more interested if I mention it in passing xp.

amaxim wrote:
Glad to meet you Beef Noodles!

Your hobbies sound very interesting to me. Especially lucid dreaming, which I have done many times in the past, but I am unable to control when it happens. It happens spontaneously. If you discover a way to 'choose' to have a lucid dream, please let me know!

~Alexei

I have been trying to find a way to do exactly that for years now, to this very day I'm working on using an auto shut-off alarm to wake me up without moving, this way I hypothesize that I can wake up without moving at all and slide back into a dream consciously. I know that I can do it without an alarm, but the thing is you don't always think to not move when you wake up. If you don't move your body doesn't wake up much and it is easier to fall back into a dream. We usually think of sleep as a loss of consciousness, but it isn't necessarily so, the body can fall asleep well you are awake, under the right circumstances.

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Sep 2010, 5:29 pm

Welcome and I send out to you the " star trek sign" with my hand. 8)