Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:03 pm

it was a ages ago .....so it's ok to share it now:

Quote:
I have no idea why I am texting you...

...because ,in fact, I am seeking for a relationship. I saw your profile and I can tell that me and you don't have a lot in common :
-You're religious, I am not at all
-You're emotional, I am not
-Your choice of books is too different than mine.
-We both love seafood (kif jara? :P)

I noticed in your skinny : Looking For New friends, Activity partners, Long-distance penpals

I said to myself: Well ,why not? Since we're not compatible as couple then we can at least be some sort of penpals or friends.

But what puzzles me is what you wrote there:
"You should message me if
u r smart funny educated with a strong personality and goodlooking ;) "

Why New friends , activity partners and Long-distance penpals should have a strong personality and should be good-looking??? According to your skinny profile you're only seeking for those and not for a boyfriend.

I am not sure if I am even 'suitable' to message you:
Do I have a strong personality? I dunno, I am bold but I am not very socially straightforward , "strong personality" is a vague term.

Am I good-looking? I have no idea, you judge , but I am certainly self-aware that I don't look like a celeb.

So again, since you're not seeking for a LT/Short term relationship, then why the people who should message you should have a strong personality and should be "good-looking"??

her reply was : y not

me: :facepalm:

I see a lot of such contradictions on dating sites....why those contradiction? lol

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2010, 5:10 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quote:

...because ,in fact, I am seeking for a relationship. I saw your profile and I can tell that me and you don't have a lot in common :

I noticed in your skinny : Looking For New friends, Activity partners, Long-distance penpals

I said to myself: Well ,why not? Since we're not compatible as couple then we can at least be some sort of penpals or friends.

Why New friends , activity partners and Long-distance penpals should have a strong personality and should be good-looking??? According to your skinny profile you're only seeking for those and not for a boyfriend.

Do I have a strong personality? I dunno, I am bold but I am not very socially straightforward , "strong personality" is a vague term.

Am I good-looking? I have no idea, you judge , but I am certainly self-aware that I don't look like a celeb.

So again, since you're not seeking for a LT/Short term relationship, then why the people who should message you should have a strong personality and should be "good-looking"??

I see a lot of such contradictions on dating sites....why those contradiction? lol

I'm sure that was just a flirty, meaningless bit of fluff. Most people - myself included - do not make sense all the time.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 12:59 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quote:

well, that was the worst answer ever. maybe it's like people who only associate with good looking people, even just for friends?

honestly though, she sounds like a bit of a flake, perhaps. i doubt that future conversations would have been at all satisfactory for you.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 1:26 pm

There will be no future conversations.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 5:25 pm

I don't see the point of picking peoples profiles to bits personally.

He reply was pretty low IQ, but I don't see the point of the original message.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 9:14 pm

Man looking for gardener: must have calloused hands, chiseled jaw, broad shoulders, oak-worn skin, strong legs and back... yeah, its a little conspicuous.

I have a feeling that she's ultimately networking to meet someone, that she wants attractive friends because she's hoping it'll lead her to more attractive people and that - hopefully - will ultimately lead her to what she wants. At the end of I'm getting the impression that she just didn't want to debate or discuss it, hence the trite response.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 11:09 pm

Got to remember dating sites are shallow too.

Generally they are unnatural also. In real life, noone cares if they make friends with non attractive people. Maybe she doesn't want to waste a mans time into thinking hes got a chance when they become friends, I don't know.