Yeah or Nay?
Yeah 27%  27%  [ 6 ]
No 73%  73%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 22

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 1:07 pm

All paper currency needs to be routinely updated, if only to keep ahead of counterfeiters and to make use of the latest security capacity.

Changes need to be significant and visible.

For example, when Canada first issued it's current $5 note, it did not have the reflective stripe, which was a later feature on the $10, $20, $50 and $100 notes. The $5 note was later redesigned to add the stripe, but this led to many merchants objecting to the old 5's, whereas $5 notes from the previous series continued to be freely accepted.

But a wholesale change is disruptive. Given that Americans have demonstrated themselves to be intensely unimpressed by $1 coins and the virtual invisibility of the $2 note, I think changes beyond the kind that have been seen on the latest series (e.g. the "Big Ben" $100 note) would be enormously unpopular.

other_guy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Sep 2010, 4:44 pm

What the hell!? Since when did this crazy idea start? What i think needs to happen is the overall value of american currency goes up more than the euros so we can keep our economy more stable but please do not change the way it looks cause i think the overwhelming mass majority of americans would agree that the symbols and imagery on our money is sacred to what america is supposed too represent a place of a better overall life and more freedom and liberty than alot other other countries not to mention the fact that our constitution was made so the government would be run for the people by the people and could not be allowed too much power in any ways. In simpler terms my answer is the value is what needs to change not the way our money looks so my answer is no.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 10:27 pm

Keep it the same.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

23 Sep 2010, 11:45 pm

Well I think it needs to be redesigned but in a different way....there is no gold backing our money. It is practicly monopaply money....which is more or less of an illusion than anything.
The gold backing our money has been sold to China. Some say it was Carter who did it, others say it was Clinton, but either way China has the gold and holds our bonds...if they choose not to renew them we are up sh@t creek. We need to get our gold back and the inflations will stop because the less and less our money is worth, the less buying power it has.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 1:05 am

These revamps are a bit...much for me...

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 5:33 am

jojobean wrote:
Well I think it needs to be redesigned but in a different way....there is no gold backing our money. It is practicly monopaply money....which is more or less of an illusion than anything.
The gold backing our money has been sold to China. Some say it was Carter who did it, others say it was Clinton, but either way China has the gold and holds our bonds...if they choose not to renew them we are up sh@t creek. We need to get our gold back and the inflations will stop because the less and less our money is worth, the less buying power it has.

Actually, it was Nixon who took the US off the gold standard.

The US Treasury deals with more T-bills in a single day than the holdings of the PRC. Even if the Chinese dumped their entire US dollar reserve tomorrow, the Fed could absorb that.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 5:56 am

visagrunt wrote:
jojobean wrote:

Actually, it was Nixon who took the US off the gold standard.

The US Treasury deals with more T-bills in a single day than the holdings of the PRC. Even if the Chinese dumped their entire US dollar reserve tomorrow, the Fed could absorb that.

Amazing! It is all smoke and mirrors.

ruveyn

loramath
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Sep 2010, 6:06 am

What we really need is a global currency. Merging euro, dollar, sterling pound, yen and yuan would probably be enough, the rest of the countries would soon follow.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 9:14 am

loramath wrote:
What we really need is a global currency. Merging euro, dollar, sterling pound, yen and yuan would probably be enough, the rest of the countries would soon follow.

Mix it all together into a palpable mass and call it dough.

ruveyn

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2010, 1:54 pm

EFF TO THE NAW! :evil:

What's next? The $200 bill? :evil: :lol: