Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2010, 6:19 am

So I've been thinking about this a lot and wondering what the aspie vote thinks.
I consider myself asexual, as in no interest in sex. Mostly, it disgusts me. So I have several considerations around the idea of sexuality that I thought may be connected to aspie things. I have noticed that many aspie people don't like to be touched, and I fit into that category. I also don't fit into gender roles and consider myself genderqueer, as also seems to be something more common to aspie peoples. That and I'm not really good at being emotionally open or communicating on personal matters or any of that human condition style stuff.
Everything works physiologically, I'm just not-quite-human in that way I guess.
Everyone always tells me "You haven't found the right one yet, that's all" which is a common response ot asexuality - that you can't possibly not want sex, you're just sick or psycho or something. but I've been thinking they might be right - maybe I should give it another go. I've tried it on with men, women and in between but never got anything out of it. It may be a massive mistake to even bother.
Anyone who is in a relationship or anything similar - how does it work for you?

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 7:01 am

I think i'm one of those people who agrees that once you find the right person it'll be different.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 7:31 am

I'm not really revolved around sex. I am fine without it.

dryad
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2010, 8:02 am

If you're not into it, you're not into it. Whether you want to give it another go is entirely up to you.

Sc**w what others think (pun intended).

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

20 Sep 2010, 1:47 am

I'm an aspie asexual.

I don't know what to tell you except that if you have no desire to do "that stuff" due to asexuality,
nothing will change it.

I get those responses from people a lot too. They're a pain. :D

raul693
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2010, 10:01 pm

Well I think you should try it, at least for the sake of having the anecdote and experience of a "disgusting sexual encounter"