Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Katharsistwo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Sep 2010, 7:56 am

THE major cause of global political tensions and terrorism is the israeli-palestine conflict. So far we've been supporting israel. Should we stop doing this, should we sacrifice the state of israel in order to achieve world peace?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Sep 2010, 8:10 am

Was there world peace before Israel existed?

number5
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 8:16 am

World peace is no more possible than ending terrorism.

Rosennoir
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2010, 10:15 am

And as the public is unwilling to accept, the death of terrorism will not come with the killing of Osama Bin-Laden or his cronies. World peace is unsustainable because there are so many potential regional and international conflicts. It's just not feasible.

I've been to a few United Nations meetings on something called the "International Day of Peace". All that was done was the finalization of a new slogan about disarming nuclear weapons and the approval of a "Peace calender".

Not much got done and that's how it goes at the UN. World peace is not sustainable. It never has been and never will be.

kxmode
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Sep 2010, 10:21 am

Katharsistwo wrote:
THE major cause of global political tensions and terrorism is the israeli-palestine conflict. So far we've been supporting israel. Should we stop doing this, should we sacrifice the state of israel in order to achieve world peace?

No. The Arabian and Jewish conflict has been going on for thousands of years. It's a blood-feud. You can't suppress thousands of years of inherited hatred. Besides there are numerous biblical scriptures that say world peace can never be accomplished by man.

The former things have passed away."

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 10:39 am

believe the original statement is close, but not accurate. humans will fight over anything.....and everything......it's in your nature. you want world peace.....get rid of all humans and obtain peace on earth, hallalujah (sp).

israelis and palestinians. when the sun gets so hot it kills all life on earth, these guys will be the last to leave, fighting to see who gets on the transport first. too much hate , too much history.

one thing about wars.....our support for israel is why THEY hate US. all this other stuff politicians and military officers say is simply smokescreen. they profit from the unconditional support usa gives the israelis.

been in libya, egypt, afghanistan, sudan, chad, morocco and a few other countries with moslem majority, they seem to like americans, but HATE america. i wore lots of mapleleaf t-shirts. everybody loves canada.

yes, been to israel. how two groups can live sooooo close, jews and palestinians, with oozing hate is hard to understand. even i could feel it and humans just confuse me at ever turn.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 11:19 am

Bull.

It's probably the most petty international issue at the moment but it's not the sole cause of everything. Scarcity is the problem. You figure out how to fix our energy scarcity and then you'll have world peace.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 11:20 am

Put all political/religious extremists to sleep by Lethal injection.

Someone PM me when its done so i can return to this thread and say "Told you so".

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 11:20 am

Ichinin wrote:
Put all political/religious extremists to sleep by Lethal injection.

Someone PM me when its done so i can return to this thread and say "Told you so".

Still doesn't solve the scarcity issue which means there will still be wars and fighting for resources.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

Synecdoche
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2010, 11:29 am

Take people off this planet. That'd be quiet a peaceful world.

you_are_what_you_is
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 4:38 pm

Synecdoche wrote:

No it wouldn't. Violence exists throughout all species. Humans, in developed countries at least, are comparatively peaceful.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 5:03 pm

kxmode wrote:
Katharsistwo wrote:

No. The Arabian and Jewish conflict has been going on for thousands of years. It's a blood-feud. You can't suppress thousands of years of inherited hatred. Besides there are numerous biblical scriptures that say world peace can never be accomplished by man.

The real feud was between Cristendom and Islam. Remember the Crusades?

The modern day importance of oil has reignited the conflict.

ruveyn

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 6:29 pm

you_are_what_you_is wrote:
Synecdoche wrote:

No it wouldn't. Violence exists throughout all species. Humans, in developed countries at least, are comparatively peaceful.

Mars is a peaceful world, I think.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 11:47 pm

greenblue wrote:
you_are_what_you_is wrote:
Synecdoche wrote:

Mars is a peaceful world, I think.

Like as if a place named after the god of war will be peaceful. :roll:

Again: it's a matter of scarcity. Even if people were to go to Mars, there would still be a scarcity problem. Maybe even more of one considering what lengths would have to be taken to move a sufficient number of supplies and people there to create a habitable site.

sarek
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 Sep 2010, 2:39 am

I think we should start to learn what the major religions REALLY said. Forget what the ground crew is telling us, read the actual words of the founders. See them in the light of today's world. Separate the ground truths from the BS.

The primary message all these religions have at their core is the message of love and loving kindness.

In practical terms, removing war from this world will require removing all inequalities.
There must be no inequalities between people and nations of any kind whatsoever. That means absolute equality in economic status(no rich and poor people/nations/continents), in education, in healthcare.
Everyone should have absolute freedom to travel and live anywhere. No borders, no immigration rules. No taxes or other hindrances to hinder international trade. Everyone should have an equal share in the economic products of this world and absolute free access to the infosphere.

What beyond reality

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 11:18 am

US foreign policy in the Mideast wouldve been simpler in the last sixty years if Israel had not been created. Ill grant you that.

But to say that ALL of the world's conflicts today are CAUSED by the arab-isreali conflict is several kinds of absurd.

The Kurds wouldve been struggling against the arabs, turks, and Iranians, for freedom, and wouldve gotten gassed by Saddam Hussien whether Israel existed or not.

Just to take an example from the middle east itself.

How did Zionism cause the wars in Northern Ireland? Or the genocides in Bosnia, or in Rewanda? Or the Chinese oppression of the Tibetians, and the Uighers? Or the genocide in Darfur?