Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2010, 2:55 pm

Yes. All the time. :roll:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 3:41 pm

Well it just happened on another forum. I make a new thread and a couple people missed the point of it. Now that I have made myself more clear in my OP saying what my point was, I bet what is going to be next is me being told I did a contradiction.

EDIT:

It seems like they didn't misunderstand me at all and they full well understood what I meant but they had their own thoughts and different views.
It seems like I may have a problem with thinking people don't understand what I am saying because I don't understand they have a different idea in their head I didn't have in my head so I think they misunderstood me and got confused. So here I am thinking I am talking to a brick wall and thinking they are either giving me a hard time or confused by what I said and no matter how many times I try and make myself clear, they still don't get it. Anyone else notice this problem in themselves?

Last edited by League_Girl on 21 Sep 2010, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Sep 2010, 4:01 pm

You're making sense to me. I have the same situation.
I frequently irritate my best friend (who is dyslexic and dyspraxic), by saying one thing, then in later conversation, completely contradicting myself. Or I say one thing, and mean another, or blurt out something I didn't mean to say. I also go on and on and on and on and on if I make some sort of mistake:
MY FRIEND "God Caitlin, you need to chose some more popular people to hang around with. I do; if you don't, it will ruin your social status.
ME: Well, from my experience, I'd say that most popular people are really mean.
*silence*
ME: oh sorry! I didn't mean I don't like you! You're fine, it's just popular people. I mean, not to say that you're not popular, I'm just trying to say...
OTHER FRIEND: Caitlin, You're doing it again.
ME: Hm? What?
OTHER FRIEND: Waffling.
ME: I don't like waffles.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2010, 4:04 pm

More or less every time I speak more than one sentence. :? I've never thought you confusing though LG, and you're more than right about being free to change your opinion on something.

The year is still young.