Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 2:19 pm

What impact has Asperger - Autism had on your ambition?

Have you made some adjustments here and there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-actualization

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 2:20 pm

Meh.

;)

IamTheWalrus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2010, 2:23 pm

I still want to rule the world.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

22 Sep 2010, 3:12 pm

I lack ambition in my job (might just be because I hate my job). I have ambition in other areas of my life but just not the drive back it up.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

Shadwell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 3:49 pm

IamTheWalrus wrote:
I still want to rule the world.

I would at least like to spite my enemies. Although harboring grudges can be deadly.

phil_d1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Sep 2010, 5:22 pm

bonuspoints wrote:
I lack ambition in my job (might just be because I hate my job). I have ambition in other areas of my life but just not the drive back it up.

What is your job if you don't mind me asking?

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Sep 2010, 6:02 pm

pgd wrote:
What impact has Asperger - Autism had on your ambition?

Have you made some adjustments here and there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ambition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-actualization

I have little if any ambition for my life as a whole anymore. Theres nothing which I can evisage doing which would really truly satisfy me.

Instead I just try and live each day as it comes and make goals of what I want to do before I finish the day.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

22 Sep 2010, 9:28 pm

phil_d1111 wrote:
bonuspoints wrote:

What is your job if you don't mind me asking?

Bank teller. Horrible job for me, customer service involving pretending to be interested in customer's lives...Apparently tellers are like bartenders, customers tell us EVERYTHING and I have to at least pretend to listen. Also, having to smile all day really kills me (I don't smile normally).

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

phil_d1111
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2010, 4:07 am

i get accused of not smiling

which is not true - i do smile at the things i want to smile at

i dont like going around with a sort of air cabin crew fixed smile on my face

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 6:28 am

I sometimes get ideas about what I could do with my life but they quickly dissolve when my inability to make anything happen comes into play.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 7:03 am

I don't have nearly as much ambition, as I do Cockney Spirit. Kind of like Eliza Doolittle's dad.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 7:23 am

Moog wrote:
I sometimes get ideas about what I could do with my life but they quickly dissolve when my inability to make anything happen comes into play.

I'm precisely the opposite. While I'm great at making things happen, I'm terrible at figuring out what those things should be. If only we could find a Middle Way? :lol: (Yes, I get a kick out of both myself and bad puns.)

As for the question, I have no idea what impact Asperger's has had on my ambition, as I have never experienced ambition (or lackthereof) without Asperger's' influence already being present. I have no point of comparison.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 10:24 am

Kaybee wrote:
Moog wrote:

I'm precisely the opposite. While I'm great at making things happen, I'm terrible at figuring out what those things should be. If only we could find a Middle Way? :lol: (Yes, I get a kick out of both myself and bad puns.)

As for the question, I have no idea what impact Asperger's has had on my ambition, as I have never experienced ambition (or lackthereof) without Asperger's' influence already being present. I have no point of comparison.

I've got the brains, you've got the brawn. Let's make lots of money.

But seriously, I would love your ability to do. I'm just incapable of focusing on goals. I find myself chasing a thousand squirrels and catching none.

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

23 Sep 2010, 11:04 am

I'm pretty much the same as I was before. Before I had no goal and no motivation and I still have none. Although that formula on the Goal site is petty interesting:

"One formula for achievement reads A=I M where A = achievement, I = intelligence, and M = motivation. When motivation equals zero, achievement always equals zero, no matter the degree of intelligence. Similarly for intelligence: if intelligence equals zero, achievement always equals zero. The higher the combination of both intelligence and the motivation, the higher the achievement."

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 11:49 am

I have massive ambitions.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2010, 9:03 pm

Moog wrote:
Kaybee wrote:
Moog wrote:

I've got the brains, you've got the brawn. Let's make lots of money.

But seriously, I would love your ability to do. I'm just incapable of focusing on goals. I find myself chasing a thousand squirrels and catching none.

Maybe you need to find a bigger squirrel.